e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin

9 years 3 months ago #255528 by jstuardo
Replied by jstuardo on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
When I saw user information in CB administration panel, I saw FB ID = 1324473728, so, it is correctly linked.

I don't want to upgrade. First of all, this worked when I was at my development site, whose URL was v2.hagaloustedmismo.cl. Then, I deployed the site to be www.hagaloustedmismo.cl.... after that, the component stopped working. It does not work even when I delete the account and then trying to register with facebook again.

The second reason I don't want to upgrade is that I needed to modify core templates in order to fully customize look & feel. If I upgrade, all my changes will be lost.

Regards,
Jaime

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #255683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
If you changed domains then you need to edit your Facebook application and correct all of your domains there. Even then Facebook may store what domain was used to initially authorize and reject it. I don't know the backend of how that functions on Facebook. Aside from that the only way CB Connect knows what user the social account belongs to is by their social site ID (e.g. their Facebook ID).

I can't force you to upgrade, but you're going to continue to run into problems using older releases; the purpose of new releases is bug fixes and features all of which you will not have. As for your template issue we now support template overrides in CB 2.0.4 so it's possible to create a CB override template so you'll never lose your changes again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256222 by jstuardo
Replied by jstuardo on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
Facebook application has correctly changed domains. It has both hagaloustedmismo.cl and www.hagaloustedmismo.cl just in case, but when I try to login using Facebook, e-mail already in use is still appearing.

To test, I have edited user information in CB control panel and deleted Facebook ID value and the same happen. Since user is already registered, CB does not allow to re-register.

The only time that this works is when I delete the user and register again using Facebook. All works perfectly until I log out. When that happens, I cannot login again. How can I configure the CB Connect module so that user never get disconnected?

From my point of view, this problem would be very simple to solve. If retrieved Facebook ID is the same as Facebook ID stored in database, user must be logged in. Can you point me in what part of the code is the Facebook connection being made and comparing with the e-mail address? I was reading Facebook.php file in Providers folder, but I did not see where to do this validation.

I cannot upgrade because this site is already in production and there is no more time nor money to do the template changes again.

Thanks
Jaime

9 years 3 months ago #256297 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
You can't have 2 users with the same email address. Joomla will not allow it. So that error message is normal behavior. Login via CB login module normally, click Link with Facebook, logout, now click Sign in with Facebook and you should be logged in fine and should be able to continue to login with either CB or Facebook since the two accounts are now linked.

I really don't know what more to advise. If you're not going to upgrade to new releases, which solves some known connectivity issues then you're going to continue to have issues. If your issue persists with the latest release, which I am unable to confirm, then I can investigate further. The latest release is CB Connect 6.0.4, but it requires CB 2.0.4 at minimum.

There were some major endpoint bugs found that are now fixed in 6.0.4. These endpoint bugs cause session data to be mismatched and lost so CB Connect couldn't even see they were connected. It's also not even possible for CB Connect to register a user without a social site id so I'm not sure how that's even happening for you; the entire process is cancelled if it's not present. The only explanation for that happening is something else installed is acting on the after profile update and/or after registration triggers and is clearing the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn