welcome email translation

9 years 2 months ago #256884 by mchatry
welcome email translation was created by mchatry
Hi,

I'm unable to understand how to send the welcome registration message in 2 language. I've read many things about the subject but would like to understand exactly what to do to have this message translated.
Any tuto with more details than the wiki ?
Many thanks for your help,
Marc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #256900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic welcome email translation
CB version? With CB 1.x you can't. With CB 2.x the email will send in the language of the recipient, but for that to work they need to have their appropriate language set to the userparams field. You'll need a Joomla and CB language plugin for both languages. You then translate the strings in each as needed. Language usage information can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #256923 by mchatry
Replied by mchatry on topic welcome email translation
Hi Krileon,

I've the very last version, and the language plugin is installed. You can see it on www.matospara.eu
If you change the language on the top of the site with the flag, CB is also changing.

But for a registration in French, the email message is still :

Greetings [Nom],
Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have
received your request and we will process it as soon as you
confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink:

This is what I want to change....

Many thanks for your help

9 years 2 months ago #256973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic welcome email translation
You need to have the user params field available on registration so the user can change the language of their account. The email will send based off the language set for their account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #257002 by mchatry
Replied by mchatry on topic welcome email translation
Hi Krileon,

I'have add the langauge choice in the registration field, but the email is still arriving in english, even when you choose the french language...

You can check this on

matospara.eu/index.php/fr/inscription/registers

This is incredible because the language is changing with the flags of the site but this message is not changing anyway.

Can you help me please ?

I really tried to understand, I found the original message in the cb core table but do not foind any translation of this part any where....

9 years 2 months ago #257006 by nant
Replied by nant on topic welcome email translation

mchatry wrote: Hi Krileon,

I'have add the langauge choice in the registration field, but the email is still arriving in english, even when you choose the french language...

You can check this on

matospara.eu/index.php/fr/inscription/registers

This is incredible because the language is changing with the flags of the site but this message is not changing anyway.

Can you help me please ?

I really tried to understand, I found the original message in the cb core table but do not foind any translation of this part any where....

I have just released yesterday a video tutorial that described this topic:

Community Builder 2.0 Tutorial #42.
Frontend language selection during registration process.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Suggest you watch it and adapt your website accordingly.

I am guessing that you upgraded to CB 2.0+ from a CB 191 environment and your Community Builder -> Registration parameters are not set to the proper language string keys, so the translations are not being picked up.

The following parameters / values need to be set in your Registration tab:

Registration Email Name: REGISTRATION_EMAIL_FROM_NAME
Pending Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_SUBJECT
Pending Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE
Welcome Email Subject: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_SUBJECT
Welcome Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE
Registration Header: REGISTRATION_GREETING
Registration Footer: REGISTRATION_CONCLUSION

and make sure that your French (?) language plugin is the latest from the downloads page:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn