No registration with the facebook button

9 years 3 months ago #257186 by mchatry
Hi,

Not so simple to make it work !!

Blocked from 1 week with this....

Facebook button is definitively not working at all !

Last cb night build and last cb connect plugin !

If you click on the facebook button on my site, ther is no connection, no added registration, nothing....

Please have a try on www.matospara.eu

Let me know what happen for you...

At least on the original template from joomla, you have this message :

"Sign up with Facebook failed. Error: User not Super Administrator"

Thanks to help me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257221 by krileon
I've merged your two topics to avoid duplicates. Please also note your last reply was the 17th, which is a Saturday. No one is here on Saturday. Please see my signature for business days and hours.

Your first issue is you set "Usergroups" to "Public". You are trying to register the user into the "Public" usergroup. I've no idea why this was changed from "Registered". I've already fixed this for you.

Your next issue is your CB users were out of sync, which is fixed with CB > Tools > Synchronize Users. This caused the CB table auto increment to be broken so new registrations through CB failed. I've already ran the tool for you.

All of this would've been obvious from the beginning if your Joomla template was not incorrectly created. It does not have the message include, which means you do not see any of the messages that CB Connect will output to let you know what's going on. Please contact the developer of your template and have them fix this; if they need a reference then see default Joomla template.

I was now able to register perfectly fine with my own Facebook account (I've of course deleted the user now as it is my personal account). Please also now retry. If it doesn't work then you'll have no idea why because again your template is missing the message include.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257246 by mchatry
Many thanks for your help !!!

About my template, I've created it with artisteer...

May be a bad solution...

Have a nice day

9 years 3 months ago #257311 by krileon
I would recommend contacting artisteer in that case as their Joomla template output should always have the message include. It's pretty vital to a Joomla install as without it you can't see Joomlas message queue output, which both CB and Joomla utilize heavily.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn