Expired session or token? (Access to this menu item not allowed without membership)

9 years 2 months ago #257110 by philiplardner
Hi,

On my site a number of main menu items only appear once the user has logged in. However, if I log in and load one of these 'registered user only' pages and leave that page open while I go off and do something else for a few hours (or shut down my laptop for the night) and then try to re-load the page by clicking on the menu item again, I get a warning message "!Access to this menu item not allowed without membership."

The strange thing is that the menu items that are only available to logged-in users are still visible when this warning is displayed. Clicking on the menu item a second time reloads the page as normal, without me having to log-in first.

I am guessing that this is an expired session or expired token problem. It seems odd that the 'registered user menu items' remain visible and working when the warning message is displayed. Is there any way to keep a session valid as long as the user does not log-out - regardless of how long that might be?

I'm using Joomla2.5.19 and CB1.9.1

Thanks,

Phil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257131 by nant

philiplardner wrote: I'm using Joomla2.5.19 and CB1.9.1

Please update to Joomla 2.5.28 and retest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn