[#5029] Problem with auto action

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #257111 by lccc
[#5029] Problem with auto action was created by lccc
I have other auto actions (Send Promo to user & Send Email to Admin on User Login) just as Nick described in his videos - and they work perfect.

I just created a new one called "Send Email to Admin after Creating New Blog from Auto Action".

Some odd things are happening, after creating a blog, the page goes blank. Going back one page restores the blog post page but no new blog. But later I also found that the new blog page was actually ok and visible on my joomla view blogs link and in users profile.

Also can I have more than one trigger in an action, such as create blog, update blog, update avator, create edit profile etc?

More info - If I change the "after create blog" to "after update blog" the blog is created and shown as normal - however the email did not go through.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257225 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with auto action

Some odd things are happening, after creating a blog, the page goes blank. Going back one page restores the blog post page but no new blog. But later I also found that the new blog page was actually ok and visible on my joomla view blogs link and in users profile.

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done retest and see if any fatal errors output. A blank page is an indication something went wrong, but you need both those global settings configured to see what went wrong.

Also can I have more than one trigger in an action, such as create blog, update blog, update avator, create edit profile etc?

Yes.

More info - If I change the "after create blog" to "after update blog" the blog is created and shown as normal - however the email did not go through.

That's because blog create fires on a newly created blog while blog update fires on an existing blog being updated. So your action isn't firing in this case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #257260 by lccc
Replied by lccc on topic Problem with auto action
Regarding:

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done retest and see if any fatal errors output. A blank page is an indication something went wrong, but you need both those global settings configured to see what went wrong.

I enabled debug and tried making a blog post. I keep getting this general error: (attached)

When I make the blog post the page goes blank and with this on it:
(page address:http://www.lapeercountyconcertchoir.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbblogs&action=blogs&func=save&id=0&Itemid=854)
error=Catchable fatal error: Object of class CBplug_cbblogs could not be converted to string in /home/lapeerco/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/cbautoactions.php on line 917

Here is an image of the plugin page:

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #257314 by krileon
What version of CB Auto Actions are you using? Please ensure you're using CB Auto Actions 6.2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #257331 by lccc
Replied by lccc on topic Problem with auto action
Yes - I am using CB Auto Actions 6.2.0.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #257392 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue. You can quickfix with below or wait for 6.2.1 (should be out today or tomorrow).

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/cbautoactions.php
ON: Line 911
if ( is_array( $cv ) ) {
TO:
if ( is_object( $cv ) || is_array( $cv ) ) {

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5029

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn