[#5031] Registration Problem with cookies

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257185 by indi0
Hello,

I have a problem in the registration page of my site, it shows an error message when a user tries to register :
"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

You can check the page here:
www.tecnoseguro.com/crear-una-cuenta.html

I have Joomla 2.5 and CB 1.9.1
"Enable anti-spoofing sessions checks" is disabled in the configuration of CB

The problem is solved when I disable the cache, but if the cache is enabled, the problem occurs.

May you help me please?

Jaime Villegas
Web Master www.TECNOSeguro.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257227 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Problem with cookies
Are you using Joomla cache or 3rd party cache? Caching HTML forms is bad practice. Forms often contain security tokens that change on every page load. When a form is cached the token won't change. This causes issues like what you're seeing. You need to somehow exclude CBs registration page from caching (same for profile edit and any other page where CB outputs a form). Caching is meant for static data. For example a Joomla article that is unlikely to change and unlikely to have any form of dynamic content. It serves no purpose for dynamic pages so is particularly useless for the entirety of CB. If it is used with CB it needs a very short cache time (like 5 minutes), but you'll still hit that issue every now and again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257245 by indi0
Replied by indi0 on topic Registration Problem with cookies
Thanks krileon for your detailed answer, I am using the Super Cacher from SiteGround, but I have tested the issue with the Joomla core cache, and the problem is the same. I will investigate a way to exclude parts of my web from caching. Do you know an extension or something to do that?

Jaime Villegas

9 years 3 months ago #257308 by krileon
I'm not aware of any, but you can check Joomla.org extension directory for cache extensions. As far as I am aware Joomla cache should only cache what you exclusively tell it to. By default that's Joomla content and modules and typically enabled via the Joomla menu item params. If your site is primarily dynamic there won't be much point in enabling caching though as data will just rapidly go out of date if the duration is more than say 5-10 minutes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257405 by indi0
Replied by indi0 on topic Registration Problem with cookies
My site has a combination, of dynamic content (forums) and static content like articles (maybe 2000 articles), due to the high quantity of articles I was interest in enable the cache, because It will help and improve the speed of my site to visitors, specially with low connections, like regions in Latin America.
But due to this issue, I will have to avoid the caching, it is a really bad news for me.

Jaime Villegas

9 years 3 months ago #257515 by krileon
There's probably a way to shut off the caching on a page by page basis. If possible we'll implement this to our spoof check functions so this issue won't happen anymore, but I'm not completely sure if such a feature even exists in Joomla. I've added a bug ticket to look into it further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5031

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: indi0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn