Online status Private/offline/invisible

9 years 2 months ago #257640 by micheleq
Online status Private/offline/invisible was created by micheleq
Hi

I've had a request from several of my members that they want to login and navigate the site but still show offline. How can I accomplish this?

I've installed the CB Privacy 4.0.2 , and I can put any filed private, I can also "hide" the Onlinestatus by placing it in a tab, but it still shows the user online in modules line "Members Online" on in the member's list. It doesn't matter if it's online or offline in the back end, just want to give the option to the user to set themselves to "invisible" so to speak, like you do on Skype, etc.

I'm on the latest versions of everything. Just updated the whole site, though I'm on Joomla 2.5.28, I'll be switching over to 3.3 soon.

Thank you!

PHP Built On Linux xxxxx.com 3.2.0-74-virtual #109-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 9 17:04:48 UTC 2014 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.41-0ubuntu0.12.04.1-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.15
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.28 Stable [ Ember ] 10-December-2014 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.91 Safari/537.36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Online status Private/offline/invisible
There's no way to globally shut off their online status. It's based off their session existing. Most locations strictly just check the session instead of the online status field so having the field conditioned with CB Privacy won't stop all locations. Best I can suggest is stop using anything that doesn't use the getFields API to pull online status. Meaning if the status isn't hidden when the display is set to private then don't use whatever is doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #257750 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Online status Private/offline/invisible
Thank you,

There are two places for me, the "Members Online" module and in Kunena.

I could figure out a hack for it, based on the privacy selection. But I guess that would have to wait.

Thank you.

9 years 2 months ago #257786 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Online status Private/offline/invisible
For Kunena if you override the sidebar using CB Forums you can substitute in the online status field, which will respect privacy since it uses getFields API. For the online status module set it to be statistics based so it says X online users instead of showing their actual avatar, etc.. it's fine to say a number of users are online when privacy is being used as long as it doesn't indicate who.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn