[SOLVED] Language Support Plugins

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #257667 by delhi-expat
[SOLVED] Language Support Plugins was created by delhi-expat
Hi all,

I may need to set up my Joomla! site (with CB, CBsubs and CBGroup Jive) to be multilingual at some point. Quick question and I apologize in advance if this is a silly thing to ask, but would the language plugins on the site here www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/languages/cb-languages/page1 work for ALL versions of CB? So for instance, if I wanted to install Chinese language support, would the "Simplified Chinese Language Plugin for CB1.1" work for the most recent version of CB as well?

Also, I'm assuming that installing this plugin and setting that language as default would mean all core CB features (forms etc) would be in that language? Would I also need to install the corresponding Joomla! language packs for the entire site to work smoothly in different languages?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide on this one! :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257672 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Language Support Plugins

delhi-expat wrote: Hi all,

I may need to set up my Joomla! site (with CB, CBsubs and CBGroup Jive) to be multilingual at some point. Quick question and I apologize in advance if this is a silly thing to ask, but would the language plugins on the site here www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/languages/cb-languages/page1 work for ALL versions of CB? So for instance, if I wanted to install Chinese language support, would the "Simplified Chinese Language Plugin for CB1.1" work for the most recent version of CB as well?

Also, I'm assuming that installing this plugin and setting that language as default would mean all core CB features (forms etc) would be in that language? Would I also need to install the corresponding Joomla! language packs for the entire site to work smoothly in different languages?

As of CB 2.0 the language plugins have changed in content and structure.

You should follow these resources:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages

9 years 2 months ago #257674 by delhi-expat
Replied by delhi-expat on topic Language Support Plugins

nant wrote:

delhi-expat wrote: Hi all,

As of CB 2.0 the language plugins have changed in content and structure.

You should follow these resources:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages

Thanks Nick. It appears that Chinese is not on the list of 2.0 language plugins. From what you are saying in terms of the plugin structure/content changing, I'm also assuming then that the Chinese language plugin for CB 1.8 would not work with the current release of CB - - am I right?

9 years 2 months ago #257675 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Language Support Plugins

delhi-expat wrote: From what you are saying in terms of the plugin structure/content changing, I'm also assuming then that the Chinese language plugin for CB 1.8 would not work with the current release of CB - - am I right?

Correct.

You should join the CB 2.0 transifex Chinese project and help with translations.
We pickup all 100% translated projects from transifex and make new CB 2.0+ compatible plugins every week.

9 years 2 months ago #257677 by delhi-expat
Replied by delhi-expat on topic Language Support Plugins

nant wrote:

delhi-expat wrote: From what you are saying in terms of the plugin structure/content changing, I'm also assuming then that the Chinese language plugin for CB 1.8 would not work with the current release of CB - - am I right?

Correct.

You should join the CB 2.0 transifex Chinese project and help with translations.
We pickup all 100% translated projects from transifex and make new CB 2.0+ compatible plugins every week.

Hi Nick, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm not that fluent in Chinese to be honest, but would be glad to help with other languages - - perhaps Hindi, hehe, if there is ever a project devoted to that language. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait until I improve my Chinese abilities! ;)

9 years 1 month ago #257938 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Language Support Plugins

delhi-expat wrote: Hi Nick, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm not that fluent in Chinese to be honest, but would be glad to help with other languages - - perhaps Hindi, hehe, if there is ever a project devoted to that language. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait until I improve my Chinese abilities! ;)

See the translation languages here: www.transifex.com/projects/p/cb/ You can suggest additional languages, as well!

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn