Trying to make landing page with login

9 years 2 months ago #257800 by chuck1962
Trying to make landing page with login was created by chuck1962
Not sure how to handle adding a simple signup, with only email and name to a landing page.
Client wants a simple signup to gain access.
The registration form has many more fields than just name and email.

Should I modify the CB registration to handle it for that landing page only? Then have users redirected to their profile to finish their profile fields?
Should I only make name and email required? Leave other fields for later updating.

I am rather baffled on how to handle this. My concern is the actual CB registration form and its required elements.
Screenshot is just a representation of what I need.

Do any joomlapolis users have similar experiences with this?

Chuck
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257848 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Trying to make landing page with login
The below should get you what you're wanting or at least close to it.

1. Within CB > Configuration > General set "Name Style" to "Single Name Field"
2. Within CB > Configuration > Registration set "Generate Registration Passwords" to "Yes"
3. Within CB > Configuration > User Profile set "Username Fallback" to "Email Address"
4. Within CB > Field Management set all fields except Name and Email to not display on registration.
5. With CB > Field Management edit Name and Email then set "Show on Registration" to "Yes, 1 Line without Title"
6. With CB > Field Management edit Name and under Parameters > Display set "Placeholder Value" to "Name"
7. With CB > Field Management edit Email and under Parameters > Display set "Placeholder Value" to "Email"

This should give you a 2 field registration form with inline label. Password will automatically be generated and emailed to them. Usernames will be populated with email address so they'll be unique (since default fallback is Name, which isn't unique).

Make any further adjustments as needed, but this should get you pretty close to what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

9 years 2 months ago #257929 by chuck1962
Replied by chuck1962 on topic Trying to make landing page with login
Thanks for the guidelines. I am trying to get some of the registration fields not to show on registration and am getting this message: Duplicate column name 'cb_state' SQL=ALTER TABLE `se1co_comprofiler` CHANGE `state` `cb_state` varchar(255)
I did clean and optimize my tables. Still receiving same error/

Chuck

9 years 2 months ago #257947 by chuck1962
Replied by chuck1962 on topic Trying to make landing page with login
Figured this one out.

Chuck

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.507 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn