[SOLVED] Problems with CB Connect Facebook Plugin

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #259115 by Pepita1983

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #259142 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with CB Connect Facebook Plugin
Joomla version? CB version? CB Connect version? Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration so errors can properly output to see what could be going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259175 by Pepita1983
Replied by Pepita1983 on topic Problems with CB Connect Facebook Plugin
Hi, krileon!

Joomla, 3.3.6.
CB 2.0.5
CB Connect 6.0.4

Unfortunatelly, I have set the Debug Mode to ON, and clicked on the link assigned to the Sign In to Facebook button (gutenberginstitute.com/index.php/cb-profile/pluginclass?plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook&action=authenticate&return=aHR0cDovL2d1dGVuYmVyZ2luc3RpdHV0ZS5jb20v) and again, blank screen, with no errors. I can't leave the site in debug mode, as the menu doesn't work in debug mode...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

9 years 1 month ago #259177 by krileon
Seams to be working fine on every attempt for me. Do you have caching of any form enabled? It could be caching the page, which would cause the connection attempt to fail. When clicking the button they should be sent to that page, which sends them to Facebook, which sends them back and performs registration and/or login as needed. Is it failing immediately on click or when returning from Facebook?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259180 by Pepita1983
Replied by Pepita1983 on topic Problems with CB Connect Facebook Plugin
Hi again, krileon, and thanks for answering so quickly.

I have tried it from my Tablet, and it also shows that screen. But again I tried from my desktop comp, and it worked. Then, I disconnect, and I tried to connect again, and it failed.

I have switched off all the cache plugins and the Joomla cache conf option. Anyway, it shows the blank window.

However, I have realised you may be right, because each time I clear the cache, it doesn´t fail, but fail the following time.

What can I do?

9 years 1 month ago #259182 by krileon
Turn off Joomla page caching within Joomlas system caching plugin. It caches the entire page and is extremely aggressive. Once turned off purge the cache then leave it and see if your users have any further issues. CB 2.0.6, which we just released, should purge page cache automatically now on CB pages though if our system plugins is ordered to load first in Joomla plugin manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn