[#5157] CB 2.0.6 Privacy 4.0.2 - All options set - no effect

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #259340 by sysopcrew
I've got a setup that is installed and makes sense to me. Back end is set to forced privacy controls, and everything is set per instructions.

The tab access levels are set to Registered. I would expect the tab to be accessible by the owner of the profile (to update contact info), but visible only to the user groups specified. Unfortunately, a test account that belongs only to "Spotters" can still view that tab info on others' profiles. Why? I can set the option to force privacy, so the install works, but the actual profile display is not private as expected.

To protect privacy in lieu of this privacy module not working, I set CB->Configuration->User Profiles to a higher level that I'd like, missing out on a lot of other features of CB I do want to share. It's just like privacy is not accounted for on the front-end when tested.

--
David Riviera
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259432 by krileon

The tab access levels are set to Registered. I would expect the tab to be accessible by the owner of the profile (to update contact info), but visible only to the user groups specified.

That's exactly how it should work, but with 1 exception. If your Spotters are CB Moderators then privacy is ignored. CB Moderators and the profile owner themselves are exempt from the privacy controls. Check your CB Moderator view access level within CB > Configuration > Moderation then check what Usergroups are selected in that view access level.

CB Privacy it self should be public and published in CB > Plugin Management so it can actually function on frontend. As for the limited amount of rules available that's based off the configuration within CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #259723 by sysopcrew
Ok, good to know it's supposed to work as I want. Now I know it's not working. Spotters are not part of the moderators. Currently, only Super Admins are CB admins. I cannot figure this out. I have privacy set to Board Members, but my test account... just in Spotters... can see others' contact info. Not supposed to happen. How can I begin to trouble shoot this? No matter what settings I put in, Privacy just doesn't seem to take hold and display as desired.

--
David Riviera

9 years 1 month ago #259767 by krileon
It's working fine in all of my tests. The only reason for the tab to show is that they've access to it. Either they're being included in the access by having the usergroup, they're CB Moderators, or they're viewing their own profile. An alternative could be a conflict from another plugin. Try disabling non-core CB plugins except CB Privacy and see if it resolves the issue. If not please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260063 by krileon
I believe I misunderstood what you're wanting. You want to hide the tab from the users self and viewing users based off the usergroup. It's not possible with CB Privacy to block the view of the tab from users self. As noted above "CB Moderators and the profile owner themselves are exempt from the privacy controls.". The privacy controls will only affect users other than the profile owner and CB Moderators. There's no feature for it to also block view for the profile owner, but have added a feature ticket for this for the force privacy controls.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5157

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

9 years 1 month ago #260073 by sysopcrew
Hrm. That's not quite right. What i want is a tab with contact info (Address, Phone, Email) that the user can edit and view their own, and only a certain group (NCS Alert) can view all users' data. I understand the general user will see their own contact info tab, but they should not see the tab of other users. In my test, a general user *could* view the contact info tab (now called NCS Access in my site) of all other users, regardless of the privacy integration settings. My understanding is that force privacy control affects non-moderators, and the user can view/edit their own page. The problem I'm encountering is that regardless of the forced privacy, a general user can see the contact info tab of all other users.

To circumvent this anomaly, I set all users' profiles to "Moderator can set privacy" on the privacy_profile field. I have that set to NCS Alert, but use the moderator setting to set our board members' profiles to public. This enforces stricter, all-encompassing privacy on all tabs, however, it doesn't let other tabs be viewed by general members. I have some tabs I'd like viewable to all, but because of this problem with the NCS Access (contact info) tab, I have to secure the entire profile, not just the NCS Access tab.

Does that make more sense?

--
David Riviera

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn