[SOLVED] [#5416] [#5225] Cron job help

8 years 11 months ago #261797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Help with cron and mailer
You need to trigger expirations in CBSubs. This is normally done by just visiting CBSubs backend. This is adjusted within CBSubs > Settings > Global by changing the parameters under "Automation settings".

I've reviewed your install and you set expirations to trigger only via CRON. No other method will cause subscriptions to expire. My guess is you never setup the CRON or never set it up to run regularly. The result is your users won't expire in CBSubs and is why your mailer is ignoring them as they don't meet its conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #261812 by ecweb
Replied by ecweb on topic Help with cron and mailer
Thanks again Kyle -
Actually I have not set expirations to trigger only via CRON.
The setting I have set under automation settings are for them to expire via cron OR admin access - however they are not being expired with admin access.

It is important that the expiration works of course - but the mailers should work without this as they are set to mail users in ANY state.

So at the moment:
- the expirations are not triggered via admin access to the site despite the setting being correct for this (and having been so for a while)
- no mailers are being sent out. This is not because users have not had their subscriptions expired since the mailers are not tied to the subscription status of the user.

8 years 11 months ago #262000 by krileon
Ok, your users are not expired yet due to Grace Period on some of the plans your users are subscribed to. For example Concession has a 2 month grace period. This means they won't truly expire until that grace period ends.

I believe the mailer is supposed to ignore the grace period, but it looks like it's also considering the grace period when processing the queue. This means their actual expiration date is 2 months after what you see in CBSubs > Subscriptions. You have a mailer configured for 1 month before expiration, which several users should receive around 2015-04-30 or 2015-05-01.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #262039 by ecweb
Thanks for your help again Kyle.

I have now done the following:
- changed one of the mailers settings to be mailing users between 60 days and 30 days prior to their subscription expires - and in any state. Still no users are being emailed or added to the queue in the mailer
- I have one plan - the student plan - which has no grace period, and its user has expired as expected (good!). However, that user is not being sent anything by the mailer either, despite the fact that the mailer 'expiry email' is setup to email users 12hrs before or up to 2 weeks after their subscription expired.

There seems to be some serious malfunction with the mailer system?

8 years 11 months ago #262194 by ecweb
Sorry - I am stuck here.
Can you please look into the above?
It would appear that:
- the configuration is correct
- that for some reason your software is not functioning
If this is the case, it would be good if one from your developer team could look at the issue so we can get it resolved asap - as we needed to send out this email two weeks ago!

8 years 11 months ago #262304 by krileon
We found a timing bug with the mailer. I'm not sure what's wrong with it at this time, but we've created a bug ticket to investigate. The timing seams to be off up to several hours or even days.

Nick created a new test mailer to act off registration behavior, which had completely wrong timing and was also able to confirm the same issue locally so there is certainly a bug present.

We've given the ticket high priority so Beat can take a look and see what could be going wrong. CBSubs was recently upgraded to use UTC, but maybe something was missed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn