Data being stripped from Name and Address Fields in CB Profile

9 years 2 weeks ago #261854 by JoeGrande
Hello,

I am using CB 2.0.7. I have my config settings for Name Style as Single Name Field. I am having this issue, that when there are any special characters like a period or # (people add this for suite number in address field sometimes)

or
there are more than two words in the Name field, the data is replaced with Null for the name and Please Add your shipping Address in the address field.

Both authorized inputs are set to any string. Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #261888 by krileon
Name field in CB is treated like a standard Text field. There's nothing special being processed for it. My guess is you could have a 3rd party User Joomla plugin installed that's doing some processing on the Joomla user object when it's saved.

The only processing CB does to it is splits it by space to determine first, middle, and last then combines them again, but that's entirely based off the name style selected and as you've it set to single name field it doesn't do that processing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 weeks ago #261918 by JoeGrande
Thanks, but I have no 3rd party User plugins that would be interfering. Think I may have found the issue.

When looking at the database, the collation for comprofiler table is set to latin1_swedish_ci. The server collation is set to UTF8_general_ci.

Shouldn't comprofiler also be UTF8_general_ci? Would it damage the data, if I change it?

9 years 1 week ago #261998 by krileon
Yes, the collation in most cases should be UTF8_general_ci. If you're trying to store UTF8 characters then latin1_swedish_ci will likely break some of them. Try correcting the collation and see if your issue resolves. The default collation for your database maybe set incorrectly and can be corrected by contacting your host (it should in most cases always be set to UTF8).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn