Dislike new advance search?

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #265712 by hayesjames
Dislike new advance search? was created by hayesjames
Hi there,
I upgraded community builder to version 2.x as a good webmaster should! But i've had a complaint from one of the charity members. In the old community builder user management, if you clicked on Advance Search, you saw the whole registration form with all the options and you could click all the data you wanted to search by. Now, he has to use his brain by droppping down the field, working out which operator and trying to remember the field content.
Is there a way to revert this search facility back to the previous version?
Many thanks
J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #265753 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic Dislike new advance search?
Have I posted in the right forum!?

8 years 9 months ago #265775 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dislike new advance search?
Sorry, missed your post.

No, the old search is completely gone and removed from the source code. The new search is infinitely more powerful as it allows full customized criteria and uses our new repeat feature so you can search as much as you need. This will improve further once we've refactored our field classes and are able to render their actual search displays instead of just a dropdown, but for now that's how things work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #265782 by hayesjames
Thank you, and I completely agree. This older gent has problems with it..!!! I might have to revert back to an older version, which is a complete shame, but many thanks for your help.
J

8 years 9 months ago #265784 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Dislike new advance search?

hayesjames wrote: Thank you, and I completely agree. This older gent has problems with it..!!! I might have to revert back to an older version, which is a complete shame, but many thanks for your help.
J

The only way to revert back is if you have a backup to restore from.

You cannot downgrade from Cb 2.0.

8 years 9 months ago #265785 by hayesjames
I know, I'll have to to re-install from backup, but reconfigure the data in the current SQL to import into older version of CB, unless the table names have stayed the same?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn