Problem with fraudulent logins

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #265730 by lccc
Problem with fraudulent logins was created by lccc
I have a site for a Choir with about 50 members.

Recently, someone with nothing better to do but to be nasty, has taken to creating bogus registrations. Today he did more than 30 of them.

It is obvious he is not a member of our group. Here are some samples:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi there!
A user with username = mulgatamil has registered on site.
Some information about this user:
° Full name: Eugenia Welch
This email was generated by the auto action script.
A user with username = kudzueduct has registered on site.
Some information about this user:
° Full name: Mirian Watts
This email was generated by the auto action script

He cannot complete the registration or do anything as I have to authorize any new user.

Is he causing any harm? Is there anything I can do? I just regulary go into users and delete all of them.

Anyone have any advice on doing anything?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #265742 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Problem with fraudulent logins

lccc wrote:
He cannot complete the registration or do anything as I have to authorize any new user.

Is he causing any harm? Is there anything I can do? I just regulary go into users and delete all of them.

Anyone have any advice on doing anything?

No harm - just causing you unwanted overhead.

DO you have CB Antispam installed?
At least force him to complete captcha challenge - make it more time-consuming to spam you.

8 years 9 months ago #265774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with fraudulent logins
As nick suggested you need CB AntiSpam. It has built in captcha in addition to multiple spam protection features. It can also block repeat registrations by IP and various other criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn