[SOLVED] Error on correcting Fields DB issues

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268358 by gjschaller
I just (finally) migrated from Joomla 2.5 and CB 1.9.x to CB 2.0.10 last night. So far, so good.

Now that the migration is done, I am running a bunch of checks on my site, to make sure everything is OK. When I check the CB User Fields using Community Builder => Tools, I get the following:

CB fields data storage database structure differences:

Table #__comprofiler Column fb_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column twitter_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column linkedin_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column windowslive_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column google_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column instagram_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column foursquare_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text
Table #__comprofiler Column github_userid type is varchar(50) instead of text

The CB fields data storage database structure differences can be fixed (adjusted) by clicking here: Click here to fix (adjust) all CB fields data storage database differences listed above (you can also Click here to preview fixing (adjusting) queries in a dry-run), but in all cases you need to backup database first as this adjustment is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

When I try to correct it using CB's included tool, I get the following:

An error has occurred.

1170 BLOB/TEXT column 'fb_userid' used in key specification without a key length SQL=ALTER TABLE `zsbh_comprofiler` CHANGE `fb_userid` `fb_userid` text

Is this something I can address, using the tool, or something like phpMyAdmin?

Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268370 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error on correcting Fields DB issues
CB Connect creates indexes for those fields. If CB Connect is deleted then the fields still exist and CB defaults to turning them into text fields. Problem with that is older databases can't handle text indexes without a length so you get the error you're seeing. Only way to fix at this time is to manually navigate to _comprofiler database table and remove or change those indexes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #268372 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Error on correcting Fields DB issues
Ah, OK - I re-installed the plugin, and am all set.

I think I got confused between CB Connections, and CB Connect. I would suggest changing the latter to "CB Social Connect" or something similar in a future release, to help differentiate it more.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn