[#5437] [#5430] Sorting Avatars?

8 years 7 months ago #268434 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Sorting Avatars?
It's not sorting at all, which is the weird part - pics with similar names (such as 00-*) are not near each other, or towards the front or back of the list.

This isn't a HUGE deal, and can wait until the ticket comes up. I was hoping for a quick fix, but if none is available, I can wait until the actual feature comes along.

Thank you for your help!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #268437 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sorting Avatars?
Maybe it's sorting by the files modified date or create date? It has to be sorting by something. Other than that the code for parsing the gallery images would need to be changed (it's all in that function).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #268439 by gjschaller
Not sure... what's damning is that I have a set of 6 images that were all created & uploaded at the same time. Those six images all begin with 00-**** (the four letter combo indicates hair length and ear size... elves, go figure. :-P ).

Those 6 images are no where near each other in the listing, meaning it's not sorting by name, created, modified, or any other pattern I can see.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 7 months ago #268441 by krileon
Compare their listing to what order they display in your hosts file manager. Note the listing is left to right with overflow to new rows.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #268442 by gjschaller
I am on SiteGround, using cPanel. The File Manager for cPanel list them as alphabetical by default.

Sorting by time groups the 00-'s together in the listing, since they were modified all at the same time.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 7 months ago #268531 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. In my tests it's already sorting alphabetically. If you mean to group them they should probably use the below structure.

001-XXXX
001-XXXX
001-XXXX
001-XXXX

So that'd be 4 images in the same group. It'll first order by the digits then order by your 4 letter characterization. The next group would be as follows.

002-XXXX
002-XXXX
002-XXXX
002-XXXX

If all imagines begin with 00- then proceed with some letters then the ordering is probably going to be odd, because the 00- might as well not exist. Example as follows.

00-ABC
00-BCA
00-ACB

In the above you'd end up with the below order.

00-ABC
00-ACB
00-BCA

This is because the first letter it finds for each is A, B, A. The 00- is just flat out ignored as they all have it. Subsequently if you have the below you'd have different results.

00-ABC
ACB
00-BCA

In this case all the 00- should be ordered first. So you should have the below.

00-ABC
00-BCA
ACB

I've confirmed this is the case by dropping 00-test.jpg into the canvas gallery and it's always placed above the others.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn