CBGalleries images

8 years 5 months ago #271249 by hvus
CBGalleries images was created by hvus
When the user choose the tab for Photo Galleries, the images will appear very slow and I have complaints from the users.

I have a VPS server with 100gb disk, 8 GB ram, and the software is updated to the last versions for Joomla and Community Builder.

Also implemented a cache and all I can do, but persist the problem.

The score on gtmetrix.com is 92% for page speed and YSlow score is 81%.

I don't know what else to do, any hint friends?

Please help me.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #271293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBGalleries images
Images are loaded from PHP using byte arrays. It's not going to be as fast as raw linking to the image, but it's completely secure. This operation is CPU intensive so it doesn't matter what your HD or Ram is on the server. It's also going to slow down depending what is installed as the more plugins and Joomla extensions you use the higher the performance cost. I've also PHP profiled the image loading and it's a matter of milliseconds so I'm not sure why it's so slow for you. Try disabling non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 to see if it speeds up. If not retry with 3rd party Joomla system plugins. It could also just be the users internet being slow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hvus

8 years 5 months ago #271306 by hvus
Replied by hvus on topic CBGalleries images
Hi Kyle,

I appreciatte your help. I'll do the way you mentioned and I hope found an optimization to let my users happy in order of speed.

Have a nice day.

HV

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #271313 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBGalleries images
If you can get some more specific load times from your users or for your testing it'd help in further review as I'll take a look into the output for next release to see if I can speed it up some. This can typically be done by pressing F12 and clicking the Network tab then reload the page and find the image in the network tab to see how long it took to load. Extremely large images will of course take awhile though as it's likely MBs of data, but the thumbnails should be nearly instant unless thumbnail size was made unreasonably large.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn