Problems with CB Connect

8 years 4 months ago #272816 by pmonstad
Problems with CB Connect was created by pmonstad
Installed latest beta 4 release of the CB Connect plugin. The first time I hit Sign in with Facebook it works as expected. I then log out from site and from Facebook. Next time I hit Sign in with Facebook I get an error tellin my email is already registrered. Hello? I am not trying to register once more but log in.

What is wrong? Right now I feel I have spent a lot of money down the drain as the CB Connect doeas not work as expected. It generated a lot of errors when I first installed it. Has to install version 6 and then beta 7 again to avoid a lot of sql errors (as reported by another user here in the forum).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #272818 by pmonstad
Replied by pmonstad on topic Problems with CB Connect
SOLVED: Had to sync user fields...

8 years 4 months ago #272883 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with CB Connect
Do not map any of the core fields. They are mapped automatically. This includes Username, Name, Email, Avatar, Password, and their social site ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #273365 by basethic
Replied by basethic on topic Problems with CB Connect
Hi,
Could you please tell me witch fields did you synced? I have the same problem and can't figure out what to do...

8 years 4 months ago #273402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems with CB Connect
Don't map any fields. Don't configure anything beyond instructed. Then test it to ensure what is configured even works. Always start simple then go from there. Core fields are always mapped; this includes Name, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Username, Password, Email, Avatar, and the social site id field (e.g. Facebook ID).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn