Upgraded to 2.0 Error Message on Log In

8 years 4 months ago #274036 by damurphy
Upgraded to 2.0 Error Message on Log In was created by damurphy
I just upgraded from 1.91 to 2.0. Now when I log in in I get the message

Error

You are not authorised to view this resource.

I have not changed anything else in my web site, just CB.

What is causing this? How do I remove the error?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #274042 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgraded to 2.0 Error Message on Log In

damurphy wrote: I just upgraded from 1.91 to 2.0. Now when I log in in I get the message

Error

You are not authorised to view this resource.

I have not changed anything else in my web site, just CB.

What is causing this? How do I remove the error?

Where exactly are you seeing this?

8 years 4 months ago #274087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgraded to 2.0 Error Message on Log In
Edit all your Joomla menu items that are for CB and ensure their menu types are all correct. Re-save them all to ensure they are correct then retry. This can happen sometimes when the menu items lose association with CB and is mainly due to menu type association being broken for CB 1.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #274094 by damurphy
Replied by damurphy on topic Upgraded to 2.0 Error Message on Log In
On the front page just after sign in. I can click on the Home page link and any other link and the error message disappears.

I redid the menu links for all CB links. I also emptied the trash for CB links in the trash. I also cleared all Joomla caches. I also cleared all browser caches. and restarted the browser. I still get the error message on the front page of my web site.

Note: I noticed that NONE of the buttons for sign in using FB, Twitter, Google+ are visible. I had this working for my users before I did the conversion. Yes, I did download the cb_connect plugin and the parameters for these social sites are enabled.

8 years 4 months ago #274151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgraded to 2.0 Error Message on Log In
Are you sure you're using CBs login module and not Joomlas or a 3rd party login module? If you are using CBs login module then check the login redirect URL within login options and empty it if a URL is supplied. For CB Connect you need to ensure your login module is configured to load CB plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn