[COLSED] Feature request: Auto-resize profile image

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #253986 by lucablue
Is so hard develop a plug in into core of CB to auto-resize image of profile?

It could use the GD 2.0 library.

Users are so ignorants and cannot resize their images before upload into the website, so into their profile page appear too big photo of them going outside the template and there are no horizontal scroll bars to view photo.

I hope some one of you can develop this and inser into the current version of CB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #254037 by nant

lucablue wrote: Is so hard develop a plug in into core of CB to auto-resize image of profile?

Images are resized if needed during upload.
Such a feature has been in CB since ages.

It could use the GD 2.0 library.

It uses whatever image library is configured in CB Configuration area.

Users are so ignorants and cannot resize their images before upload into the website, so into their profile page appear too big photo of them going outside the template and there are no horizontal scroll bars to view photo.

I hope some one of you can develop this and inser into the current version of CB.

As mentioned - such resizing does take place during upload, so I am not understanding what your issue/feature request is.

Feel free to submit code if needed and the CB Team will evaluate it for inclusion in future release.

9 years 3 months ago #254040 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic Feature request: Auto-resize profile image
I've set into configuration of images:

800x600 and maximum of 5000kb to upload profile image.

But every time an user upload his photo it appears huge dimension (even if is into limit of 5000kb).
Into my template, so, the photo is not visible couse start from the center of the profile page and go out of the screen and there are no horizontal scroll bars to move in right direction to see the image (horrible but useful when this happens)

So maybe the resize of image not work properly for me. More over it could be useful if for all images, also the already uploaded, the CB show the miniature ( with customizable pixel dimension as now) of the profile and if an user or administrator click on it the photo appears into a pop up window and not into the original template/frame of the website to avoid the issue I've just explained.

9 years 3 months ago #254049 by nant

9 years 3 months ago #254051 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic Feature request: Auto-resize profile image
Joomla 2.5.27
CB 1.9.1

(I'll upgrade in next months... I manage different websites and for this I need to wait the renew from my client)

9 years 3 months ago #254052 by nant

lucablue wrote: Joomla 2.5.27
CB 1.9.1

(I'll upgrade in next months... I manage different websites and for this I need to wait the renew from my client)

Check your images/comprofiler folder for the uploaded images.
The filename is in the form: userid_randomnumber.ext for full size image and tnuserid_randomnumber.ext for thumbnail.

If the sizes of these images are in order with your Configuration -> Images parameters, then CB has done its job.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn