Iluvkorea.com - CB / Mamblog /uddeim / SB +

17 years 8 months ago #18879 by Dionysus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #18891 by ybskorea
Replied by ybskorea on topic Re:Iluvkorea.com - CB / Mamblog /uddeim / SB +
Hmm..

I don't know about the site being down.. It's not ever down.. But I think the front page could load a little faster but I have so many queries on the front page.. I know it goes offline for about one minute around 6am Korea time every morning.. don't know why.. maybe resetting the server (whatever that means..)

For the collapsing boxes, there are a lot of code thingies that do that.. but they seem complicated.. so I just created a simple function. Each collapsible box has a unique id. The'close' arrow calls a javascript function to simply set the style:display to 'none' for the id of that box and set itself to display:none, and to display the 'open arrow'. The 'open' arrow just does the opposite.

17 years 8 months ago #18961 by Dionysus
Replied by Dionysus on topic Re:Iluvkorea.com - CB / Mamblog /uddeim / SB +
For the member list, I wanted to add advanced options so that members could search by multiple options. So I created a front end, but I modified the userlist function in CB so that it accepted extra parameters for searching the members. Basically adding extra conditions for the select query (and total)

What does it mean to create a front-end?

17 years 8 months ago #19022 by ybskorea
Replied by ybskorea on topic Re:Iluvkorea.com - CB / Mamblog /uddeim / SB +
Hm. The front end meaning a list of options for the user so that they can filter the member list.

CB has userlists but it does not have an easy way for users to filter the CB fields. For instance, i have several CB fields specific to my site such as "in Korea now?" and Korea Community, etc.

So the front end has an option for finding member who are in korea now in the Seoul community, etc.

17 years 1 month ago #32861 by user1
How did you do three dropdown box for search? Did you create three "member list" and somehow put them together?

17 years 3 weeks ago #34561 by zephrus
hey
i have visited ur site.its just great.
i want to get help about making choices of search.
i also want to search user list by their different profile fields like weight,height,or gender.can u tell how can i accomplish this.
i will really appreciate u.

Post edited by: zephrus, at: 2007/03/29 00:33

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn