× Please read the sticky article below. Use this area to discuss general issues and opinions regarding the organization of language projects on the Joomlapolis forge and on the forums.

CB 1.4 Dutch language

13 years 1 month ago #155357 by i.kulgu
CB 1.4 Dutch language was created by i.kulgu
Hallo,

Is there any Dutch language plugin.
If not i'll make one, if they are working on it i can help them.
Please provide any info about the progress of translating to Dutch.

I can also help with translating it to Turkish.

Regards,

I.Kulgu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155363 by tomdewijn
Replied by tomdewijn on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language
Hi, I've managed to duplicate the default folder as dutch folder, replaced the xml and php files to reflect dutch instead of English, managed to zip the thing and import as a new plugin,it's active but i can't seem to find any setting to change the language. In other words it keeps showing me english content on the pages.

Any ideas? I'm Belgian btw, new to CB Builder, just want to have this translated, but stuck at this point, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

13 years 1 month ago #155364 by tomdewijn
just did some reading, what i did : made a dutch_language folder inside :components com profiler plugin language.

If I understand correctly will it be necessary to translate the whole CB package and use a CB_Login and a CB_Login_NL ?

Thanks again!

13 years 1 month ago #155369 by tomdewijn
figured it out, translating mod_cblogin to create a new mod_cblogin_nl

13 years 1 month ago #155374 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language
Instructions for creating CB language plugin:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

When you finish send me a PM and I will create a new forge project for Dutch language and forum area also (if someone agrees to take on the manager job).

You should not directly modify modules to produce translations - this is wrong and you will lose everything when next CB version sis released.

13 years 1 month ago #155377 by tomdewijn
Thank you Nick for your reply, as I speak English well enough and only need the cb plugin for my own needs I will just translate the module as is to fit my personal needs.

I understand your concerns about future compatibility, it's just that I need the login module translated only in Dutch for the moment and directly modifying it is the quickest way to do it for my project.

I will however take a look at the wiki and if I have the time I wouldn't mind contributing to the CB project.

Thanks again for your reply! Have a nice day!

Tom.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn