× Please read the sticky article below. Use this area to discuss general issues and opinions regarding the organization of language projects on the Joomlapolis forge and on the forums.

CB 1.4 Dutch language

13 years 1 month ago #155379 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language

tomdewijn wrote: Thank you Nick for your reply, as I speak English well enough and only need the cb plugin for my own needs I will just translate the module as is to fit my personal needs.

I understand your concerns about future compatibility, it's just that I need the login module translated only in Dutch for the moment and directly modifying it is the quickest way to do it for my project.

I will however take a look at the wiki and if I have the time I wouldn't mind contributing to the CB project.

Thanks again for your reply! Have a nice day!

Tom.

That's your choice ofc.

I am just pointing out that your project will not be able to upgrade when new CB version is released. If your project is your personal project then all is ok and you can go ahead and do the work again with next module.

If your project is handed over to a customer then your customer will inherit the problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155380 by tomdewijn
Replied by tomdewijn on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language
You're right Nick, I'll have a look at the files and see what I can do.

Cheers,

Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonarduz

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157055 by JohnnyBoy59
Replied by JohnnyBoy59 on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language

nant wrote: Instructions for creating CB language plugin:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

When you finish send me a PM and I will create a new forge project for Dutch language and forum area also (if someone agrees to take on the manager job).

You should not directly modify modules to produce translations - this is wrong and you will lose everything when next CB version sis released.

Even if you translate the suggested files in the wiki page there are many parts that are not translated because many parts are used in admin_reference_language.php and that part isn't used in dutch part or i think in any translation part!!!
If I translate any part of admin_reference_language.php in Dutch I can't see any difference in the admin, but if i copy that part to cbteamplugins_language.php it's translated.
So where or how I can use admin_reference_language.php in translating?
Because CB isn't pointing to that in Dutch part of the translations or any other translations I think, so many parts of the admin stay untranslated if you only translate the files that are mention on the wiki page and admin_reference_language.php is not even in the zip file but it's used in the UK language.

So update your CB if you want that people use or going to translate CB and that also admin_reference_language.php can be used for translating in the future!!!
And please use parts like
Add from 1.2.2 etc
so people can see from wich part it's in CB!!!
And then it's easy for a translater to add last part that must be translated!!!
Now I translate the admin_reference_language.php in UK part to see it in Dutch.

12 years 11 months ago #163785 by btexpo
Replied by btexpo on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language
Hello Nick,

Is there any news about a Dutch language plugin for CB 1.4?

Thnx!
Marcel

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163791 by 00steven
Replied by 00steven on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language
Het kan HIER gedownload worden

12 years 11 months ago #163793 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Re: CB 1.4 Dutch language
That's the 1.2 version. Everybody is waiting for a 1.4 version.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn