The proposed new RAD layer in Joomla

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #227348 by wilsonge
The proposed new RAD layer in Joomla was created by wilsonge
Hey Guys,
Just want to bring this to your attention about the RAD layer for Joomla proposed in the roadmap for Joomla.

There is a proposal list here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1xzfqxhtZCJSF38zGgMTik2LeJeeKVrw0O8zs_JoheI8/edit#heading=h.o88wql9qgqy0

And a mailing list here:
groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/joomla-dev-general/YdpXTpGO65k%5B176-200-false%5D

And also a skype chat list which you can join. I know CB 3.0 is in the pipeline and is probably already past the point where you can integrate this in but I thought you might be interested in putting your opinions on the table for when that time arrives

Kind Regards,
George

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #227358 by nant
Replied by nant on topic The proposed new RAD layer in Joomla

wilsonge wrote: Hey Guys,
Just want to bring this to your attention about the RAD layer for Joomla proposed in the roadmap for Joomla.

There is a proposal list here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1xzfqxhtZCJSF38zGgMTik2LeJeeKVrw0O8zs_JoheI8/edit#heading=h.o88wql9qgqy0

And a mailing list here:
groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/joomla-dev-general/YdpXTpGO65k%5B176-200-false%5D

And also a skype chat list which you can join. I know CB 3.0 is in the pipeline and is probably already past the point where you can integrate this in but I thought you might be interested in putting your opinions on the table for when that time arrives

Kind Regards,
George

We are following the thread already (actually this is the second attempt).

10 years 10 months ago #227362 by beat
Replied by beat on topic The proposed new RAD layer in Joomla
Hi George and welcome to our forums! :)

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Yes, as you guessed correctly CB 2.0 is past the point where the underlying API layer actually matters. ;-)

Actually, CB 2.0 is using a revolutionary design method that we have developed for CBSUbs's admin area as a research project over the past 6 years, where there is no specific code implementation at all. Thus the debate of the API for specific code looks very obsolete to us ;)

The main point, already taken care of in that thread, is the importance of the stability of the new API, and that the existing APIs remain not deprecated in parallel.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn