Can CB / Joomla do these things?

14 years 9 months ago #103127 by novaats
Can CB / Joomla do these things? was created by novaats
I've installed Joomla and played about with it a bit as well as the community builder extension - could anyone please give me some advice as to whether Joomla or CV can do the following things:

- I want different types of users.
- I want them to be able to create a profile page (similar to myspace but more basic) but there be three different types of profile page for each type of user.
- The registration process needs to be different for each user type.
- One particular user type needs to be able to award another group points.
- Users need to be able to leave a feedback rating / comments which will appear on the relevant profile.

I realise Joomla can't do this out of the box but do you think it's possible? I have a computing background but no experience with CMS (other than Wordpress, but that seems massively simple compared to this).

Any suggestions on what extensions might be good if CB can't do it? From what I can see CB would require some fairly heavy modifications to get this going.

If I find this is too hard for me alone where can I go for help, paid or otherwise?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #103759 by novaats
Replied by novaats on topic Re:Can CB / Joomla do these things?
Anyone?

14 years 9 months ago #103794 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Can CB / Joomla do these things?
Yes joomla/CB can and pretty much already do what you ask. The member types you describe have been requested many times, and they say that CB subs can do that, but I don't have that so I can't tell you for sure.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn