Removing Title Filter;Display#;Article Title in Jo

14 years 8 months ago #106024 by abrodski
Hello!
I know the way to remove those in Category layout.Its easy.Its done through the Menu item, pointing to that Category.I go to "Parameters" and do it all there...
But the problem is that I've already created couple of Section layouts and there in the Menu, pointing to that Section those parameters are missing for some reason.So what I have is that when I click in a Menu item-I get to the Section, there I choose a Category and then I see all those things, that I don't want to see-Title Filter;Display# and Article Title.I wat just to see a link to the article and that's all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106040 by Rapunzl
EDIT: I forgot we had this category! :blush:

Can you give more info, like Joomla version and maybe a screenshot of the two frontend shots (the one you like and the one you don't)?

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/07/25 04:22

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 8 months ago #106050 by abrodski
My Joomla v. is 1.5.11

Here's the link to what I DON'T like...it's a Section layout...its when I click on a item inside of a menu and it brings me to a section and then I click again and then I get this page with all the bull shit...like title filter...display No., article title...
I was told that I would need to override the template's HTML...copy some file too...its ja_purity, BTW...

refugee-forum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=6:click-on-the-link-to-watch-the-video&Itemid=7&layout=default

I sort of solved the problem with a different menu item...not that one...I simply made it an article layout...but sometimes I need a section layout...so...

P.S.If I change a template all together...would I still have those "things" ?
P.S.S. Also...as I wrote in my original post...in a category layout, there's a easy way to get rid of those by using the parameters in the menu item...BUT...as you would see in another link (with Femida in it)...after all done...still ...I have that stupid digit 1 right before the article's title link...1LEGAL ADVICE YOU NEED-CLICK HERE!!!
Is there an easy way to remove it?

refugee-forum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=7&Itemid=9

14 years 8 months ago #106054 by Rapunzl
It's a function of Joomla, not your template, to number the Category Items. You can use SEF to hide the number in the URL, but you'll have to check in the Joomla forums to find out if there's a way to hide the column as you'd like. I'm 99% sure the option is there, but I can't find it at the moment.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 8 months ago #106056 by abrodski
what is SEF?

14 years 8 months ago #106057 by abrodski
Rapunzl wrote:

It's a function of Joomla, not your template, to number the Category Items. You can use SEF to hide the number in the URL

I think I understood that you misunderstood me.
I wasn't referring to the digits in URL.I was talking about those written prior to articles' names in a category.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn