view other members' profiles

13 years 6 months ago #143874 by jbanhi
view other members' profiles was created by jbanhi
I am using Joomla 1.5.15 and CB 1.2.3

When a user clicks the avatar/username of another user from one of the superthumbs tabs such as recent, newest, random, etc. (type = mod_cb_superthumb) from the Member tabbed module (type = mod_tpajaxtabs) the link takes them to a page with the other user's profile. This is perfect!

This is the the URL
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=62

However, if you click on another user's avatar/username anywhere else on the site (such as the Member list from CB List Manager) another module (in my case #53 My News module) appears.

This is the URL I do not want
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=62&Itemid=53

(53 is the module I do not want to appear)

I do not want module 53 to appear along with the other person's profile. How do I eliminate this from happening? I tried under module manager/Module Assignment/URL exclude selection (non SEF / &task=userProfile&user= (and) &Itemid=53 , but that did not work.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #143886 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:view other members' profiles
[mod note: moved from CB 1.2.3 area to open Joomla area as the issue is imo basic Joomla functionality]

jbanhi wrote:

I am using Joomla 1.5.15 and CB 1.2.3

Please upgrade to Joomla 1.5.21 asap.

When a user clicks the avatar/username of another user from one of the superthumbs tabs such as recent, newest, random, etc. (type = mod_cb_superthumb) from the Member tabbed module (type = mod_tpajaxtabs) the link takes them to a page with the other user's profile. This is perfect!

This is the the URL
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=62

I believe this is an issue with your 3P module. All links should imo have the proper itemid in them. The one given to the Joomla menu item.

However, if you click on another user's avatar/username anywhere else on the site (such as the Member list from CB List Manager) another module (in my case #53 My News module) appears.

This is the URL I do not want
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=62&Itemid=53

(53 is the module I do not want to appear)

I do not want module 53 to appear along with the other person's profile. How do I eliminate this from happening? I tried under module manager/Module Assignment/URL exclude selection (non SEF / &task=userProfile&user= (and) &Itemid=53 , but that did not work.

Thank you for your help.

The itemid=53 should be the itemid of the menu item hopefully created to point to the CB profile (see installation guide of CB). You can edit the settings of the module you want/don;t want to appear to not have this menu item in its list.

This is how Joomla works.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn