Free version´s features?

11 years 1 month ago #222099 by CloakEd
Free version´s features? was created by CloakEd
Hi,
I am looking at CB for a non-for profit organization, unfortunately -truth be told- a suscription based solution (such as CB memberships) can´t be used, not that they are *that* expensive but because in our country it *becomes* expensive due to conversion ratios...

So I was checking at the free edition version and I am not sure I am fully gathering its features. I see that custom fields can be added to the profiles, custom member lists can be created and there are improvements in the members management.

But I understand that any group or sharing options depend on GroupJive?

And I am not sure if users can create content (let´s say "articles" or "blog entries") at all in any scheme.

Also, it seems to me that there are no add-on available to the free version.

Is all of this so, or I am just missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222110 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Free version´s features?

CloakEd wrote: Hi,
I am looking at CB for a non-for profit organization, unfortunately -truth be told- a suscription based solution (such as CB memberships) can´t be used, not that they are *that* expensive but because in our country it *becomes* expensive due to conversion ratios...

CBSubs GPL is open source and you or your developers can create new payment gateways to integrate with your local payment organizations in your own currency.

So I was checking at the free edition version and I am not sure I am fully gathering its features. I see that custom fields can be added to the profiles, custom member lists can be created and there are improvements in the members management.

Correct and more. Example new registration process and workflows, moderation, reporting of members, integration with Kunena and uddeIM, etc.

But I understand that any group or sharing options depend on GroupJive?

GroupJive allows your users to create their own mini communities on your site.

And I am not sure if users can create content (let´s say "articles" or "blog entries") at all in any scheme.

CB Blogs (available to Professional members) can be used.
But you can configure Joomla 2.5/3.0 content extension with ACL permissions to allow users to blog via Joomla.

The built-in CB Articles manage can be used to bring these Joomla article blogs in CB User profiles.

Also, it seems to me that there are no add-on available to the free version.

All CB Add-ons offered here work over the Free CB version.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn