Is Community Builder what I need?

10 years 6 months ago #234628 by Adapt∞Impact
Is Community Builder what I need? was created by Adapt∞Impact
I used CB on another site a long time ago to manage site users and it worked great. I have a much simpler application this time and I wonder if the community will give me some honest feedback.

In a nutshell, I need to produce a list of nonprofit organizations, categorize them by type and then make a directory that is searchable or that provides results from a menu based on the type.

There may be 20 types. The information we would include is pretty straightforward; contact, website, email, description.

So the question is, would you use CB for this or is there something simpler that would work as well? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

- Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234638 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Is Community Builder what I need?

Adapt∞Impact wrote: I used CB on another site a long time ago to manage site users and it worked great. I have a much simpler application this time and I wonder if the community will give me some honest feedback.

In a nutshell, I need to produce a list of nonprofit organizations, categorize them by type and then make a directory that is searchable or that provides results from a menu based on the type.

There may be 20 types. The information we would include is pretty straightforward; contact, website, email, description.

So the question is, would you use CB for this or is there something simpler that would work as well? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

- Jeff

You could use the CB User List feature to list your organizations that are submitted as users in your system.

But your use case really calls for a Joomla directory extension - please search the JED for such extensions. MOSETREE or SOBI come tom mind.

10 years 6 months ago #234650 by Adapt∞Impact
Replied by Adapt∞Impact on topic Is Community Builder what I need?
Thank you for the reply. I used SOBI quite some time ago and will check it out again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn