Resending Confirmation e-mail / Manual override

18 years 3 months ago #2031 by jimcdonald
In my Joomlas 1.0.4, CB1.0RC2, Joomlaboard installation...

Some of the ppl going though the registartion process "claim" not to be receiving the e-mail giving them the hyperlink to confirm their e-mail address.

It may be that spam filters or something is stopping some of these, on at least one occassion there was a typo in their e-mail address.

Therefore 2 questions.

1. How to trigger the system to send another e-mail? (Jos_Users table, SendEmail=1?). Also is this table the only place where e-mails are stored?

How can I over-ride the confirmation IE spoof that they have replied? (Jos_Comprofiler table, Confirmed=1?), are there other table entries to alter or is it this simple?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2046 by rick
Not sure about number 1 but as to 2 just go into the backend and then open the CB user manager. Go to the last page of the user list and you will see the new applicants. You will see that all the ones that have registered, confirmed their email and have been authorized will have a green check in all three positions.

The ones that have not confirmed their email will probably have a green check then a red X then a funny looking square. For those click on their Name and it will open the admin profile editor. Click on the contact info tab and towards the bottom you will see some 3 boxes:

Block User - This is set to No unless you disapprove someone
Approve User - This is set to No until you approve them
Confirm User - This is the one that will change to yes once they click on their confirmation email.

If you want to manually appove someone that did not get the email just change the second and third ones above to Yes. This will also trigger the system to send the final email that would have normally been sent out to inform the user that they have been approved.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/13 17:52

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #2097 by jimcdonald
Cheers Nick

Simple now you say it that way.

Thanks

17 years 5 months ago #22235 by ssevo
I am running into a similar problem... but when i go to manually confirm people in the backend it will not let me. I can change the confirmed status to yes, but then when i save and exit to the user list, nothing changes... The funny thing is that i think they started out confirmed and i just wanted to change a custom attribute field... and then that somehow unconfirmed them...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn