New Advanced Search Component will be released

18 years 2 weeks ago #9450 by nbf78
Hi Bob,

Looking forward to your release very much. Have built all my fields without cb prefix as you said your tool won't need it.

Hope this is not an April Fool's Day thingy...:P...Jus kiddn!!

Thanks!!

Post edited by: nbf78, at: 2006/04/01 01:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #9481 by rg66
Hello every one,

I am now releasing the component and the mambot to the community

the link for the component
www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=8&Itemid=28

and for the mambot
www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=9&Itemid=28

Please post at my forum on my site for any issues. It is more easier to check on my site then at all the other forums, where I need to search for them.

Hope you will enjoy it and that your vistors find their search criteria with eas.

I want to mention that I had three great sponsors, who have donated an amount for the development, which is Achintya , Raj and Tony Korologos. A special thanks goes to Achintya who has tested and given vital feature ideas for the new component.

Bob

Post edited by: rg66, at: 2006/04/01 18:25

Post edited by: rg66, at: 2006/04/02 20:37

18 years 2 weeks ago #9483 by nbf78
Hi Bob,

Downloaded and started using it. Looks reallly cool!!! With lot of options. Wow!!

Works mostly till now. But I have several lists and search only works in the default list it seems. Have to make some changes to that now. Will make my entire list as default. Not a big deal.

Thanks for releasing it on time. Gr88 work!!

Post edited by: nbf78, at: 2006/04/01 18:36

18 years 2 weeks ago #9484 by rg66
nbf78,

seems I did not think of this small feature, asking the user/vsitor to choose the userlist as well. that is a really minor thing to do and will add this.

thanks for this suggestion.

I even had a suggestion from Tony Korologos, where you can generate several search forms, through a link, showing different fields and of course the userlist. THis is such a great idea but I will release this in the next version.

Bob

18 years 2 weeks ago #9487 by achintya
Hi Bob

Just want to say it's been a real pleasure working with you and the sponsorship team on developing this component the past 3 weeks. I was very impressed by your willingness to go the extra mile and consider our suggestions for improving the component, implementing ideas really quickly and professionally and contributing many ideas of your own too. You have worked really hard on getting this right and I know this component will add a great deal of utility to this great CB component. Especially amazed by the mambot, which just 'searches' everything in the CB profiles from the main Joomla search box. That is a lovely touch - almost magic.

Thanks also to the other guys, Raj, Mediaguru and Chinaman,for joining me along the way in sponsoring Bob to get the advanced search component up and running, it's been a pleasure working with you too and your generosity has been inspiring.

I am already using this component on a couple of sites and getting very positive responses from users, who are particularly interested in knowing more about the Open Source ethos and how it could be applied in principle to producing training materials and developing course plans.

thanks again Bob

achintya

18 years 2 weeks ago #9567 by notiq411
hi , newbie here.. do u no if there is a way off adding a drop down menus, radio buttons, more text boxes that the user can select to search. e.g. if i want to select user profiles only in the UK.

thanks a bunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn