create tab manual on database

17 years 11 months ago #10383 by NickDE
create tab manual on database was created by NickDE
hello out there,

on my webserver is safemode on. all works fine. i only can't install a plugin for cb because the plugin-installer doesn't support the features from the safe-mode-patch.

so i created the folder manual, put the cb-zoom-files into it and created the entries in the plugin-table on my database with myphpadmin. all works fine.

i only do not now, how to do the manual entries for the tab with all of it's parameters in myphpadmin. does anybody can help me?

thanks and greetings

nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #10385 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:create tab manual on database
If you are usign safe mode the best thing to do is to install all things first locally to a computer that you have full access to and then replicate the site to the production server. (actually you should never install anything directly to production)

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #10416 by NickDE
Replied by NickDE on topic Re:create tab manual on database
hi ...

thanks for you answer. i only have a online-version because it work's really fine. so i thought, i could do this plugin also with phpmyadmin.

greetings nick

17 years 11 months ago #10418 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:create tab manual on database
You can, but if you make a typo your site might malfuntion.

I did this (on my local instalaltion) by just copying existign entries on comprofiler_plugins and comprofiler_tabs. After this I modified the new values to mathc the xml file that comes with the plugin.

But I do not recommend this, sincs you can mess up. It is much better to install lamp or wamp stack (see www.spikesource.com for windows installer) and then make a copy of your site to what ever computer you use normally. Then install all things there, and copy the site back to production.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #10437 by NickDE
Replied by NickDE on topic Re:create tab manual on database
hi ...

done it and all works fine :-)

thanks and greetings
nick

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn