Update CBSubs & VM via CBJuice

13 years 1 month ago #154711 by Thelowlandpiper
Update CBSubs & VM via CBJuice was created by Thelowlandpiper
Attached is a file containing the edits and amendments I have made to CBJuice ver 1.7 [beta4] to enable it to add subscriptions [parent and child] to CBSubs and users to Virtuemart, all as defined in the csv file uploaded by CBJuice.
This code comes with absolutely no guarantee that it will work for you; it works for me. It will NOT WORK for CB 1.4 or for Joomla! 1.6 or with CBJuice2. Be sure to back up your database and your CBJuice file before testing.
comments please ...

File Attachment:

File Name: cbjuiceupgrade.txt
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jciconsult

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154714 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: Update CBSubs & VM via CBJuice
I have not planned to support CBSUBS because I don't use it myself. I will review your code to see what the challenges are. If there are enough requests and I can make licensing arrangements with the CBteam, we could consider it.

13 years 1 month ago #154715 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: Update CBSubs & VM via CBJuice
Fine; I'm not an expert in php so it may well be possible to streamline what I've done if you were to build it into the component.

Am I right in thinking that the version I am using adds 2 to the first user_id uploaded in any batch? It seems to be incremented when the Max(ID) is fetched, and then incremented again at the beginning of the For £eachuser) process; I'm certainly getting skips in the user_id when I do one-at-a-time tests.

13 years 1 month ago #154717 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: Update CBSubs & VM via CBJuice
Beta 4 is a long time ago. There were a lot of changes to the code post that. I will have to review the code again.

13 years 1 month ago #154719 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: RevisedUpdate CBSubs & VM via CBJuice
I see that the code I added to check for plans is preventing the whole insert from running; I have attached a revised version with these checks commented out

File Attachment:

File Name: cbjuice_upgrade_2.txt
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #154728 by nant
@Thelowlandpiper: First of all thank you for your contributions.

I really do not see the need to have this, since CB Juice does a great job of importing CB users from external files and CBSubs has its own built-in import facility to assign subscriptions to CB Users.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn