There are duplicate header variables error message

12 years 10 months ago #166977 by NicoFaaij
Thanks again jciconsult !!!

Oke, I will search for Libre Office and use that as I still need to do some modification.

The user-id issue is bad news as the backoffice behind my Joomla/CB sites is very complex, but we will search in the direction you point us to. I was already afraid for this answer.

Have a nice day,
Nico

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168574 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

I am still busy with mij transfer of users to a total new site. And searching a way out to keep user-id the same.

I took a deeper look but think it's very simple to do that. Just export and import the jos_comprofiler and jos_users seems to do the job. After that I created for every id a record with value 2 in the jos_user_usergroup_map. I run all CB db tools and everything was okay. Also during test I found nothing strange. So do you think this way is still risky? Am I forgetting something? I looked in al my other tables but found nothing else that looks related to individual users.

Kind regards,
Nico

12 years 9 months ago #168576 by jciconsult
it is certainly feasible to move tables. If you are moving between the same version of joomla, just move the relevant tables including the map tables that should work but no guarantee. I would emphasize that such games are without guarantee and should only be tried with lots of backup and between the same versions of joomla. Run the CB tools tests to make sure that you have it correct. If those are not complete, I believe so it is all witout guaranttee and buyer beware.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168583 by NicoFaaij
Hi jciconsult,

Thanks for your quick responce. I am doing it from Joomla 1.5.20-Legacy / CB 1.2.3 sites to the new Joomla 1.6.3 / CB 1.4 sites. Not exactly the same version ;-)

Regarding the map tables you mention, I found only the jos_user_usergroup_map that wasn't there in Joomla 1.5.20-Legacy so I had to fill it myself on the Joomla 1.6.3.

Have a nice day,
Nico

12 years 9 months ago #168584 by jciconsult
trying to keep the userid the same that way is possible but problematic. I think in an earlier post I suggested that one of the upgrade tools might be a better approach even if you used it only to get the complex structure setup for the usertypes done correcting. That would be how I would do it. I would use the upgrade process to generate just those tables (ignoring cb).then I would create a clean Joomla 1.6. Move the user and acl tables only to the new clean site. Then, install CB and use cbjuice to move the comprofiler content. I intend to try such a process on a large compex site after I return from vacation in Europe.

12 years 9 months ago #168585 by jciconsult
I would also suggest waiting for 1.7 if you can. I am not doing any major conversions until 1.7 ga is available.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn