can we get CBjuice to export user_id?

12 years 8 months ago #170750 by ThePiston
can we get CBjuice to export user_id? was created by ThePiston
I need it because a lot of the stuff I do requires that I cort the fields, change them around, and then reupload them.

I guess the bigger question is this: can I rearrange the rows or do they have to be the exact same when I upload them back?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #170766 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: can we get CBjuice to export user_id?
Absolutely agree with your topic title! I mentioned the same issue and demand in other threads. Every export/import tool does not have an option to include the User-ID ... really strange, in my humble opinion. Also CBsubs should benefit from this little option ;-)

12 years 8 months ago #170768 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: can we get CBjuice to export user_id?
1) cbjuice keys on either the username or email address. You can sort on either of those fields and use those for most manipulation. The username must be UNIQUE.
2) It is certainly technically possible to make it an option EXPORT the userid but I will NEVER allow you to import the userid. Such an option leads to corrupt tables.

12 years 8 months ago #170770 by jciconsult
The order of the rowis is irrelevant. You key on either the userid or the email address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThePiston

12 years 8 months ago #170773 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: can we get CBjuice to export user_id?
"Optional UserID on Export" is great! Especially for other applications and usages.
(To be honest, I was not sure how and why CBjuice does not need it anyway ;-) )

12 years 8 months ago #170776 by jciconsult
CBJUICE keys on username or email address. It does NOT and will not use the USErID. That is an internal variable that should NOT be manipulated by the web system user. if you want to link to other systems, I would STRONGLY recommend using your own separate id that can not be modified by the general user. This is much more flexible when you upgrade from 1.5 to later versions because there is no guarantee that the usei will remain inviolate.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn