stop add-mode confirmation email?

12 years 2 months ago #187184 by ThePiston
stop add-mode confirmation email? was created by ThePiston
I didn't check the "send confirmation email" when I went into add-mode today, but they were apparently sent out anyway really making me and my company look stupid.

Why does it send those out when you don't check the box????

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #187186 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: stop add-mode confirmation email?
If you had the courtesy to look elsewhere in the forum, you will see that these messages are a "feature" of joomla that we cannot control. The rudeness of yyour post is one of the reasons why we may not release new versions to the public again. You can find a way of tricking joomla by deleing the message body from the language files. that is also documented elsewhere in the forum.

12 years 2 months ago #187188 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: stop add-mode confirmation email?
didn't mean to be rude, just frustrated. Maybe add a warning on the extension somewhere? Maybe next to the radio

Add mode (no updates, Joomla will send confirmation email!)

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

12 years 2 months ago #187189 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re: stop add-mode confirmation email?
We actually recommend disabling the email (which does not come out in 1.5) and using our code to send the email because it can send out the password which the Joomla messages does NOT. It was Nick who developed the workaround for clearing the message. My strong suggestion is that people make small test runs to understand the problems that Joomla gives us.

12 years 2 months ago #187206 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: stop add-mode confirmation email?
Regarding comment about warning - it would only be specific to Joomla 1.7 (as Joomla 1.5 has no issues).

But my best recommendation is to always do a test before you commit yourself to broader membership exposure. I always do this and imo no notice, documentation or warning of any kind is a substitute for this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn