Alpha version of Privacy Policy plugin available

17 years 5 months ago #21742 by mikko
bedou2 wrote:

I had a go at it as it seem to fit my future requirement eg: to differenciate access between user type: clients suppliers and contractors etc. while staying within the CB environment. The alternative envisioned being adding jacl which is too tech for my basic knowledge.

This plugin is intended for the users to select which tabs are visible. However, you can disable the editing of these fields by the users, and then set them from the administration or some other way.

What comes to your problem, I will take a look at it on sunday and see if I can replicate this on my environment. Apparently, an error occurs in the script and because of this the page does not show.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #31444 by mikko
I decided to give this plugin another shot. Here is a new version. I would appreciate any comments. This file has not been tested much and it is likely that it will still cause errors. However, I feel that this is a good time to get some feedback on the general approach.

The plugin allows administrator to configure 5 different access levels for tabs and then assign these to tabs or let user choose the levels per tab.

Not for production use yet.

mikko

Attachment plug_privacypolicy.zip not found

Attachments:

17 years 3 weeks ago #32717 by mikko
Finally a working version for tab level access control. There is a demo set up at my server. If you go to address hondchan.dy.fi/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=72&Itemid=4 , you will see four tabs. If you register and log in, a fifth tab appears for this profile. This one tab is configured for privacy policy and the user has chosen to show it only to registered users.

Currently preconfigured options include show to all, show to registered users and show to connected users, but this is easy to expand if you know a bit of SQL.

Edit: this version applies privacy settings for only viewing tabs. It would be possible to do the same for edits, but this has not been implemented yet.

mikko

Attachment privacypolicy-00fb79b9ca0f05729e09e155651e0419.zip not found

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/03/07 23:26
Attachments:

17 years 3 weeks ago #32737 by mikko
A minor fix to get showing tabs to only connected users to work.

EDIT: this file has an outdated readme. Please download from my server hondchan.dy.fi/downloads

mikko

Attachment privacypolicy_2_.zip not found

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/03/09 12:55
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn