Alpha version of Privacy Policy plugin available

17 years 10 months ago #14773 by mikko
Currently it works only with tabs. With all the work that I have on my to-do list it is unlikely that I will make it field level at all.

I see no easy way to accomplish this. A hackish way that might work, would be to write a plugin that copies part of the core code that writes the fields, then implement access control, execute this code in a plugin and set fields=false so that CB would not write the fields.

However, it is propably safer to hack the core than try this approach.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15289 by mikko
There is a new version available at my downloads site. This one can be tested. (it might not work, though)

mikko

17 years 7 months ago #21386 by mikko
Here is the latest version. Functionality includes setting access level for tabs. Either private (only user can see the tab), connection (connected users can see the tab) or public (all users can see the tab).

This needs to be installed after all other tabs have been created. During install, it will read data which contains all the tabs, do some stuff for the table, create a new tab, and populate the newly created teb with radiobutton for each other tab. These radio buttons are then used to set the access levels by the user.

The problem is that there is a bug which prevents installing it, and I cannot figure out what it is. If someone else could take a look at this I would really appreciate it.

When this is bug (and perhaps some other bugs) are removed, this should be an access control solution that solves most of the needs presented in this forum.

Anyone willing to take a look?

-mikko

Attachment privacypolicy.zip not found

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/09/22 22:09
Attachments:

17 years 7 months ago #21447 by mikko
This is a working version.

mikko

Attachment privacypolicy-801c978730366fdcd6d8a4a8f4112e4d.zip not found

Attachments:

17 years 6 months ago #21722 by bedou2
I had a go at it as it seem to fit my future requirement eg: to differenciate access between user type: clients suppliers and contractors etc. while staying within the CB environment. The alternative envisioned being adding jacl which is too tech for my basic knowledge.

The plugin installs perfectly. From what I understood you then go and publish the newly added fields( which already appear as published)
Next step in admin front-end, I went to
http://localhost/../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=47

where 47 corresponds to:

47 middlename #__comprofiler _UE_YOUR_MNAME predefined NULL NULL 0 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 1 0 1 0 1 1 NULL NULL
Modifier Effacer

in #_comprofiler_fields

The page is not found!

This is as far as I got. I hope it usefull

rgds

17 years 6 months ago #21723 by bedou2
(adding to previous post)

47 is not actually the last used id prior the install of Privacy Policy

rgds

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandkrileon