CB and Joomfish

17 years 7 months ago #18356 by mikko
CB and Joomfish was created by mikko
With the release of 1.7 version of Joomfish the feature that prevented translating CB with the fish has been removed. (the primary key does not need to be named 'id' anymore)

I wrote joomfish xml files for CB, but there is still a minor bug in the fish that prevents the translation of CB with it. I am currently workign on a fix and will publish the fix and the xml files sometime soon if I manage to get it working.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #18361 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:CB and Joomfish
OK, it works now.

Here is howto do it:

Firs change the line in

preg_match_all("/$prefix(\w*)\s+AS\s+".$tempTable."[,\s]/i",$this->_sql, $tempArray, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER);

to

preg_match_all("/$prefix(\w*)\s+(AS\s)?+".$tempTable."[,\s]/i",$this->_sql, $tempArray, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER);

in mldatabase.class.php of the Joomfish source

edit: I just realized that the forum does not display slashes correctly. See the bug tracker link provided below for the correct way of performing the fix.

Then unzip the atached file to /administrator/component/com_joomfish/contentelements/

And start translating. Please note that this way of translating is much less efficient performance wise than language files.

mikko

Some links that might be interesting:
Bug tracker for the fix: forge.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/viewArtifact/projects.joomfish/tracker.bugs/artf5550?_message=1154980220275
Tracker for the xml files: forge.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/viewArtifact/projects.joomfish/tracker.content_element_files/artf5551?_message=1154980640914
Wikipage on extending the fish with xml files: forge.joomla.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.joomfish/wiki/ContentElementConfiguration

Attachment cb_joomfish.zip not found

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/08/07 22:58

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/08/07 23:30
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: skaiser1

17 years 7 months ago #18366 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB and Joomfish
Great!
Thanks Mikko!
Alot of people have been waiting for this one!

17 years 6 months ago #20408 by elkuku
Replied by elkuku on topic Re:CB and Joomfish
@Mikko:
Thanks a lot. Incredible valuable tip.
Just a pair of brakets and a question mark..

100 cyberpoints for you. :)

Nikolai www.NiK-IT.de

17 years 6 months ago #20427 by elkuku
Replied by elkuku on topic Re:CB and Joomfish
Some issues...
Translations for "Fields" appear twice in backend (one for title, one for description) ok, no prob but:

"Fields Values" don't work.
'Joomfish'->'Content Elements'->'Sample Data' shows the correct values, but in the translationlist appears just a blank field. you can still select it to edit, the correct value will show up, the translation also gets listed (beside the blank field), but nothing happens in frontend...

another pair of brakets and a "?" ??

Great work so far.. ;)

Nikolai www.NiK-IT.de

17 years 6 months ago #20462 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:CB and Joomfish
I have not tested the files with field values. (I will need to do this later, though).

Now that I think of it, it is quite likely that field values cannot be easily translated fith the fish. The selects will probably translate well after removing the bugs taht you pointed out. However, the chosen values are saved to the comprofiler table in the following format: title1|*|title2|*|title3, and renderes by exploding the string. This process does not involve using the field_values table and hence joomfish cannot translate.

I made a feature request a long time ago, but it was rejected. Perhaps time to reopen?

forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf2445?nav=1

mikko

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn