[#2495] Videoupload - Provider not specified

12 years 11 months ago #163368 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Videoupload - Provider not specified

I would like my website users to be able to link to the videos they have provided on our site. Is this an option you are working on? for Group Jive at all.

No, they'd need to upload their videos to one of the supported providers.

Its ridiculous that you have to upload your video someplace else and then paste the videos... Or are you guys just promoting the big corporations?

We're not promoting anyone. Most sites which provide video usage are designed for them. It takes an absolute massive amount of resources to host your own videos as well as a properly configured media system (server side) to handle the requests. It is NOT a video upload integration, nor does it state it is.

I am going to have to find another video wall for my members profiles - I have several programs that use all video for this function what going on with you all???

Plugin is completely open source and you're welcome to add more providers. It's simple as adding a new CASE to the SWITCH of the getEmbed function.

Your website being a provider is DYNAMIC this means I could never add a case that would function on anyone's site if they installed it. Those specific cases must be added manually as each would need to handle the video embed html, the URL, and parameters differently.

There should be an option to upload to a specific directory, set up by the admin with Obfuscate Filename. If you need help with this ask the people at fabrikar.com they have this figured out already.

It's not designed to be a video provider. It's designed to support video providers. If you need new providers added specific to your site then you're welcome to add them.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I understand the request, but there's no functional way to implement what you're wanting in a generic way. As additionally it'll never be a video upload integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn