Group will not publish!

11 years 8 months ago #206099 by stevebarnes
Group will not publish! was created by stevebarnes
I'm at back end page option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=510&action=groups.edit&id=1, and am trying to publish my group, btu every time I set the drop-down (successfully, value 'yes') and hit save, it reverts to unpublished (value 'no'). Why is it doing this?

Steve Barnes
Creative Technologist

mob +61 (0)423 311 839
e-mail steve@stevebarnes.asia
web: www.stevebarnes.asia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #206110 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Group will not publish!

stevebarnes wrote: I'm at back end page option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=510&action=groups.edit&id=1, and am trying to publish my group, btu every time I set the drop-down (successfully, value 'yes') and hit save, it reverts to unpublished (value 'no'). Why is it doing this?

Versions please?

11 years 8 months ago #206126 by stevebarnes
Replied by stevebarnes on topic Re: Group will not publish!
Joomla! 2.5.4
CB Your version is : 1.8.1
GJ 2.5.3rc1

Steve Barnes
Creative Technologist

mob +61 (0)423 311 839

11 years 8 months ago #206180 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group will not publish!
It's published, it's just not displaying the dropdown value properly after save. Fixed for stable release of 2.5.3.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3614

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #206253 by stevebarnes
Replied by stevebarnes on topic Re: Group will not publish!
Hey Kyle, this is a show-stopper for me. The client is expressing reluctance to proceed with CB/GJ now. When will the stable release be out?

Steve Barnes
Creative Technologist

mob +61 (0)423 311 839
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

11 years 8 months ago #206311 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group will not publish!
Check the checkbox of a group then click the Publish button (confirmed workaround). This only affects backend. So you could create your groups from frontend if necessary. Stable will probably be out next week. Alternatively you can install GJ 2.5.2 then upgrade when 2.5.3 stable is released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn