Request for New Payment Vendor for CB

13 years 11 months ago #129000 by bofan
I recently tried to update my CB subscription through PayPal and tried desperately to get it done before the expiration of the 25 Euro price. I even wanted to try one of the templates. While I'd prefer that 25 price, I like your work so much the new 35 is doable for me. A problem arose in that PayPal denied use of my credit card for the transactions, citing suspicious activity. I do not live in the same location as my billing address and assume the IP number triggered something in their algorithms to deny. Well, when I subscribed last year with them, I went through the same thing, and after several phone calls, got PP to let me make the transaction. This time they just tell, it's OK, but still I get a denial and must go through their resolution steps over again. That gets tiring and makes me want to find an alternative.

I am asking myself, and would like you great guys at CB, to consider adding another payment portal. I cannot fathom how giving PP my bank account details, my credit card details, and copies of other documents to prove my address makes me safer over the internet, when my credit card company can handle transactions without all that extra, and very potentially insecure, data sitting in someone's database.

I have bought stuff from other sites with 2co and it worked fine and fast. There must be others like it.

Thanks for reading.

Post edited by: bofan, at: 2010/04/02 01:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129092 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Request for New Payment Vendor for CB
With upcoming CBSubs 1.1, 2Checkout support will be added, also on this site.

That said, I've looked at many gateway protocols, and I have to say that Paypal's is today the one which is the safest for the payer and for the site owner.

You may not like Paypal for other reasons, and it's your right, but Paypal's protocol security is really good, if implemented properly, and from many implementations I have looked at, CBSubs one is really thorough security-wise.

You do NOT need to open a paypal account and store your credit-card number there. Just click the "Continue" lnk here when arriving at Paypal.com website:

Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

Then you can just put your credit-card and pay without creating a paypal account.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 11 months ago #129102 by bofan
Replied by bofan on topic Re:Request for New Payment Vendor for CB
I really appreciate the response. First, I don't mind using my credit card. It's easier to deal with the CC company if problems arise. That said, PP has sent me around in circles. As I said, I updated my card number in the account I had and went through a long verification process which meant a call to them, a call to my credit card company, and sending copies of my passport and drivers license to them twice. Each time I tried to subscribe to CB Doc. my card was rejected saying I could not use it for this transaction and would have to go through that verification round again. (They told me three times my card was good to go. I even relented and entered the details to a bank account (which I resisted at first). Finally they tell me I have to go into my bank account and tell them the amount of two deposits they placed there. I don't use online banking for that minor account. I am about 10000 kilometers away from that bank these days in another country. So finally I closed the PP account. Reading your post, I felt hopeful that it might be possible, but....alas, the response in the pic is what I got. Perhaps, I don't understand, but doesn't this mean I am creating a PayPal account now, and not just performing the transaction with my credit card? I am being pressed to get something done and the only alternative is jomsocial. Watching CB's work over the past 18 months I like and trust what you do and where you are going and would like to stay here. An alternative won't come soon enough!

EDIT: Yep, I was forced to create a PP account and the whole process started again.

Post edited by: bofan, at: 2010/04/03 01:13

Post edited by: bofan, at: 2010/04/03 01:24
Attachments:

13 years 11 months ago #129103 by beat
Ok, private-messaged you a link for non-Paypal payment with your credit-card.
To access your message, check the link in the login module on the left.

Best Regards,

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 11 months ago #129104 by bofan
Replied by bofan on topic Re:Request for New Payment Vendor for CB
Got it, and thanks!

13 years 11 months ago #129121 by beat
Payment has now been processed and your documentation subscription activated.

Thank you for your ongoing support, and wishing you full success with your website.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn