How to edit cb field value outside of cb?

13 years 10 months ago #133674 by goelvivek
Hi,
I want to edit cb field value outside the cb using cb API. I know how to edit user field value.
but I am not asking for that. I have radio box field no I want to edit these option outside of CB.
How can I do this using cb API?
Thanks for reading the message.
regards
goelvivek

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133736 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to edit cb field value outside of cb?
You need to include CBs API, once done you'll need to establish the $user object; you can then adjust a users field data or user data as you feel necessary. If wanting to change only 1 field I recommend just using queries as loading the full CB API is not logical just to adjust 1 field.

Example as follows (assumes CB API is loaded!).
[code:1]
global $_CB_framework;

$user_id = $_CB_framework->myId();

$cbUser =& CBuser::getInstance( $user_id );

if ( ! $cbUser ) {
$cbUser =& CBuser::getInstance( null );
}

$user =& $cbUser->getUserData();

$user->cb_field1 = 'TEST';
$user->store();
[/code:1]

For further information please see tutorials in signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133760 by goelvivek
Replied by goelvivek on topic Re:How to edit cb field value outside of cb?
Sir, thanks for your response.
I will be trying it today.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn