Plugin for Agora Forum please

15 years 7 months ago #74657 by Dragoncrawl
Replied by Dragoncrawl on topic Re:Plugin for Agora Forum please
Another Vote for a Agora Plugin, too. The Agora Forum is much better than Fireboard and nearly as good as phpBB3. I think a Agora Plugin is a must have for CB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75246 by susanj
Replied by susanj on topic Re:Plugin for Agora Forum please
Well the guys at Agora are working fast...they've just released the new, updated version of Agora (Pantheon). It rocks! But I'd still love to be able to incorporate it with my cb installation.;)

Susan

15 years 6 months ago #75680 by urednik
Replied by urednik on topic Re:Plugin for Agora Forum please
Sooner or later a Agora plugin will be needed, because of the quick development of the Agora forum (in 6mth they went 1.5 native).

So please, if you could make some plugins. Fireboard is dying if not dead already.

Thanks a lot for your CB jobs!

15 years 6 months ago #75682 by hopeful2007
Replied by hopeful2007 on topic Re:Plugin for Agora Forum please
I have been a loyal fan of CB for some time, but that Fireboard is so crappy, that I may have to rethink my CB usage as well. Fireboard is slow, buggy, and the only support I get on it is through other members that post on their support forum. I help them, and they help me. They have a list of issues that I and other members have hacked and fixed, they say they will incorporate them in the next revision and they don't. They keep spitting out buggy slow code...

Please, please do a plugin for Angora!! That is the best, fastest forum for Joomla at this time. And my goodness the support for this fast forum is freaking incredible!!

Thanks All to the CB team here.. I think y'all are the best and I don't want to lose my CB, but my forum is one of my biggest things on my site and I am quite close to ditching Fireboard because it is CRAP!!

Sorry..jmo!

15 years 6 months ago #75685 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Plugin for Agora Forum please
The CB Team has been monitoring this thread and how it got initiated....

CB API document is public and free for developers to use.

CB forum plugin is also available as part of core CB. This plugin currently supports 3 forums.

Any developer can take on the task and create a new plugin to work with this new forum.

At the moment the CB Team does not have the capacity to handle this task.

So if the posters of this thread are really keen on getting a CB plugin to integrate with this forum, they can:

- find - hire a developer to do this and hopefully release it as GPL free for others to benefit

- start a pledge drive and get developers interested

- ask the forum developers to handle this (the CB API is documented and the existing forum plugin is a good starting point)

15 years 6 months ago #75700 by Hazzaa
Replied by Hazzaa on topic Re:Plugin for Agora Forum please
Thanks nant. Already on it. I am the developer of the forum and want to thank you for replying.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn