Google Apps + CB

15 years 6 months ago #72898 by omarseverino
Google Apps + CB was created by omarseverino
Google Apps + CB -

Is anyone working on integrating Google Apps with CB ?

The objective is to authenticate your CB user database against Google Apps accounts.

Google published their API and also an opensource Provisioning Tool-Kit:

code.google.com/p/google-apps-pr ... ng-toolkit

PROJECT OVERVIEW
The objective of the Open Source Google Apps Provisioning Toolkit is to provide a browser-based interface for creating and updating user accounts in Google Apps. It also happens to be very fast at provisioning accounts - averaging 20 account creations per second.
The toolkit can be configured to address two common use cases:
Bulk provisioning or updating user accounts from information stored in a CSV, LDAP, or SQL data source. Providing a web page where users can self-register with Google Apps, after optionally first authenticating against an existing user data store (e.g. SAML-based SSO, LDAP, or SQL). Learn more in the Readme or view a brief presentation. Available for download in both .zip and VMware image formats.
Discuss this project with others in the Google Group.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #84522 by elderj
Replied by elderj on topic Re:Google Apps + CB
This is something that I would love to have. I don't think my PHP skills are good enough to build something like this, but I would love to be a tester of some kind if anyone is thinking about doing this.

In my mind I see the following scenario:
  1. User enters Google Apps email account (either username or full email address) into username field & email password into password field
  2. Click Login
  3. Plugin authenticates to Google Apps checking for the username plus @domain.xxx or with the email address if that was used.
  4. If a Google Apps account is found and password match, then check CB users for matching or linked account. Then login to that account.
  5. If a Google Apps account is found and password match, but there is not matching or linked account in CB, then auto-create the account and link it to the Google Apps account. Auto-created profile in CB would have basic default settings.
  6. If no matching Google Apps account is found or password does not match, display "Invalid username or password, please try again" type of message.

If anyone hears of anyone trying to build something like this at all, I would love to know about it.

14 years 8 months ago #104392 by philiporeilly
Replied by philiporeilly on topic Re:Google Apps + CB
I have searched the web looking for some sort of Single Sign On (SSO) solution for Joomla 1.5 with Google Apps for my domain. Ideally this should be done while using CB but any solution would work.

The only example I have seen so far using community builder is www.campus.ie

Not only does it provide a SSO solution but CB also creates the Google account for you.

I see that after you login or create an account it redirects you to www.campus.ie/email-login.html which contains:

[code:1]<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-gb" lang="en-gb" >
<head>
<base href="www.campus.ie/email-login.html" />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
<meta name="keywords" content="college, ireland, students, campus, student accomodation, student jobs, university, irish university, irish college, student help, student email, third-level, campus events, college news" />
<meta name="title" content="Email Login" />
<meta name="description" content="Campus.ie is Ireland's largest third-level student website since 2000. Find the latest college news, events and advice aswell as customised hubs for every college and over 7GB of email for registered users." />
<title>Campus.ie - Email Login</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/caption.js"></script>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/templates/campus/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/campus/css/main.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/campus/css/blank_template.css" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>

<table class="contentpaneopen">

<tr>
<td valign="top">
<pre class="php">
<script type="text/javascript" src="ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js">

<form name="startRequest" action="/templates/campus/gmail/sso/create_request.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="campusUsername" value="philip"/>
</form>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
document.startRequest.submit();
});
</script>
</pre>
</td>
</tr>

</table>
<span class="article_separator">&nbsp;</span>

</body>
</html>[/code:1]

From there my username is submitted in a hidden form to create_request.php and process_response.php which I believe are the free demo SAML scripts google provides on their developer website.

Hope this helps and would be delighted if anyone could explain how to get CB to do this.

14 years 7 months ago #107771 by lavi_musiclife
Replied by lavi_musiclife on topic Re:Google Apps + CB
hiii,
i am working on SSO between joomla site and Google apps and i thing simplesamlphp is the solution for communicating between any php application(joomla) and Google apps.

Please tell me how CB can help me on this process??

thanks
Harlin singh

14 years 7 months ago #107778 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Google Apps + CB
joomla 1.5's core gmail authentication plugin works fine for CB logins too. Not sure what else you need here ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 1 month ago #155408 by hetul
Replied by hetul on topic Re:Google Apps + CB
@beat - i have just set up joomla 1.5.22 with CB 1.4 and activated the cb login module.

we are using the Gmail Authentication with a minor fix to use Google Apps domain...

CB login module keeps showing invalid user... while the joomal login works fine.

do you have any idea how we can fix this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn