[#2457] Moderator Promotion

13 years 2 weeks ago #159171 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: [#2452] Moderator Promotion
That was exactly my point; quoted from the Kunena Admin:

Kunena adds new user profiles only if user enters to the forum.

So if a user is promoted that has never visited the forum, then they do not become a forum Moderator - even if they visit the forum after they are promoted.

We will bring it up to Kunena, but this is not a Kunena bug, it works exactly the way they say it should. It seems more logical to me that the GJ Kunena plug-in should check for a Kunena user profile when a user Joins a group and creates one if it doesn't already exist.

Is this really true?:

There's nothing I or GJ can do about this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #159198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2452] Moderator Promotion
When using Kunena 1.6 and greater GJ uses KUNENA API to add create, update, delete, etc.. regarding forums. Their API should add the user if they do not exist, but it does not.

Kunena user table should keep in sync by acting on Joomlas triggers (register or login, these are still fired even by logging in via CB). It's unrealistic to expect any extension to do the sync up FOR Kunena. I will be discussing with the Kunena team for a better solution.

You would have issues for instance if you login, never visit forums, edit profile and attempt to add a signature. This would cause the same problem. As in it wouldn't update.

[UPDATE]: Have communicated with Kunena team and will remain in its current state until Kunena 2.0 where everything is properly handled.

Will be implementing code to ensure user table is in sync and removing all API usage until 2.0. Bug ticket as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2457

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drdehart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.553 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn