[#2526] User Join Notification

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #162868 by drdehart
[#2526] User Join Notification was created by drdehart
In this notification: [newusername] has joined [groupname] in [categoryname] and requires approval!

When we click the [newusername] link, it redirects to the group owner's profile, not the new user's.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #163033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Join Notification
Is the name displayed the actual users name and just the link is incorrect or is both incorrect. Reviewing source (please ensure on 2.3) the notification is specifying the FROM user should be used in substitutions (the user joining the group).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #163700 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: User Join Notification
Sorry for the slow response - not sure what happened to your response notification. :blush:

The username displayed is correct (it's the user that joined the group). But when you click the username link, it takes you to the group owner's profile page.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #163833 by krileon
Don't see how that is possible unless the notification has been altered via language strings and a href surrounding the substitution added. It uses API to retrieve the field formatname, which formats the name and the URL. Either both name and URL are incorrect or both are correct, it can't be half both. Please confirm exactly. Please again also ensure you're using GJ 2.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #163849 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: User Join Notification
we are using 2.3. Please let me know exactly where to find the language file and we'll investigate that angle.

12 years 10 months ago #163854 by krileon
GJ language strings are found within the GJ language plugin assuming it has been installed and is located at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveen-gb/

This would have no affect however if it's not installed. Just doesn't see how this is even close to possible as the CB API is generating the name/link in the same manner you see name/link all over GJ. Only thing I can think of is something on the sites end is intercepting the attempt to navigate to said URL and redirecting elsewhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn