Registered users can't see mailbox

9 years 7 months ago #247902 by dubbuck
Registered users can't see mailbox was created by dubbuck
My registered users can't see their inbox view anymore. I use the uddeIM-Kunena integration, and the PM links on the forum/profile/login module.

The links are wrong for registered users (/component/uddeim/?task=inbox) but author and higher get the correct path (/mailbox/?task=inbox). First thing I did was disable SEF and try but nothing changed. The only thing that changed with PMS recently was removing CB and switching the login/registration back to joomla.

Running uddeIM 3.4, Joomla 2.5.24, and Kunena 3.0.5.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #247903 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Registered users can't see mailbox
The links are created by the Joomla framework, so something was certainly changed in the Joomla configuration.

In most cases it is the SEF configuration but since it has worked before I guess that you have created a new menu link to uddeIM (or changed a menu that contained a link to uddeIM). It might also be possible that you have created two or more links to uddeIM.

Please check the there is no orphaned menu entry in the trash. Also ensure that there is only one published menu entry to uddeIM. uddeIM tries to detect the correct Item_ID. For some reasons that may fail.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

9 years 7 months ago #247913 by dubbuck
Replied by dubbuck on topic Registered users can't see mailbox
Thanks for the response. I agree it appears to be an orphaned item, because a few modules that are 'On all pages' show up but no inbox. Any old menu items are purged already.

If the old orphaned items have been purged, is it just cache causing the problem?

9 years 7 months ago #247933 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Registered users can't see mailbox
Maybe, you can also deinstall uddeIM (use internal configuration backup first). Remove all uddeIM references from Joomla tables, DO NOT REMOVE uddeIM tables (__uddeim*). Reinstall uddeIM (it will create all references it needs) and restore the configuration using the internal restore function.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

9 years 7 months ago #247966 by dubbuck
Replied by dubbuck on topic Registered users can't see mailbox

slabbi wrote: Maybe, you can also deinstall uddeIM (use internal configuration backup first). Remove all uddeIM references from Joomla tables, DO NOT REMOVE uddeIM tables (__uddeim*). Reinstall uddeIM (it will create all references it needs) and restore the configuration using the internal restore function.

I tried this but unfortunately no luck. I searched Joomla tables for uddeim but nothing was found so not sure about that. Weird thing is I always test changes in dev first, and dev is still working fine. Like you said some stub exists somewhere, just no idea where at this point.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn