Being notified of message but it does not exist

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249469 by Dragon41673
Hello,

I've been having this issue since my prior webmaster installed uddeIM 2.8 on my site. Under my Admin account, it has always shown I have 4 messages (both in the Pop-Up box at the top left & IM notification area in the bottom left of the attached image "IM Issue 1" circled in green), but when I go to my inbox...there are no messages there. Also...in my forums it shows I have no messages (attached image "IM Issue 2" circled in green).

As I usually don't use that login (only for backend stuff), I've never asked about the issue as no one else is experiencing problems.

I'm planning on upgrading to the newest Joomla 3.x, due to this, I updated to uddeIM 3.4. I checked the Admin account, and it still shows 4 non-existant messages.

Due to that, I sent a message FROM my Admin account TO my User account. Now this User account shows I have a new message, but it's not in my inbox! So as a test, I sent a message FROM my User account BACK to my Admin account...and it did show up on my Admin account.

I've tried deleting ALL messages, both in the inbox & sent folder, as well as the trash...but it still shows that I 4 messages on my Admin account and 1 on my User account.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this & to make sure I receive & am able to send messages to/from my Admin account?

Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249471 by slabbi
What tells you that you have 4 messages? When uddeIM does not show any message how do you know that there are 4 messages?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

9 years 6 months ago #249472 by Dragon41673
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Being notified of message but it does not exist
I apologize, I forgot to mention I have the Pop-Up box in the upper left corner of the site that shows you when you have a new message.

I've attached 2 images, one that shows in 2 spots that not only the Pop-Up box shows I have 4 messages (and I have to edit the coloring so that's why I highlighted it with the cursor) as well as the lower left corner for notifications of messages. In image 2...that's my forum and it shows I do NOT have any messages.

I will edit my 1st post to reflect...
Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249473 by slabbi
Do you use mod_uddeim from the uddeIM 3.4 package or an older version?
When I remember correctly I fixed a bug in that module some months ago.

It's also possible that you missed to update the database some versions ago. In a pre-2.0 version it was necessary to update the message flags of you have missed that it might be possible that messages are count but not shown because of an invalid flag combination (the problem only appeared in the admin account).

What version have you initially installed?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

9 years 6 months ago #249474 by Dragon41673
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Being notified of message but it does not exist
With this current release, 3.4, I installed all modules just to be safe.

The original install was done by my previous webmaster, and it was version 2.8

9 years 6 months ago #249475 by slabbi

Dragon41673 wrote: With this current release, 3.4, I installed all modules just to be safe.

The original install was done by my previous webmaster, and it was version 2.8

You can try following SQL statements:
UPDATE `jos_uddeim` SET `systemflag` = 1 WHERE `systemmessage` != '' OR `systemmessage` IS NOT NULL ;
        UPDATE `jos_uddeim` SET `systemflag` = 2 WHERE `fromid` = `toid` ;

If this doesn't work you should remove uddeIM, delete all uddeIM tables and reinstall the component. I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with the four entries. This can only happen when a 3rd party program writes directly into uddeIM tables.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn